Dove season opening weekend (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our good friends in Atlanta (yes that's sarcasm) made some wholesale changes in Georgia's dove season this Fall. Much like you guys, our season starts on 9/07 and runs through the end of the month. A lot of guys skip this early season due to the heat. We've always looked forward to our October season because of cooler weather (this is the one our friends in Atlanta did away with in its in its entirety). : (
The second season now comes in around Thansgiving and runs for a short period while our 3rd season starts in December and runs through January.

I bought a case of browning 7.5 shot 12 gauge shells from mark's outdoors at lunch today to break in the beretta a400 xtreme I won at the Birmingham Delta Waterfowl event. I'm going to a private hunt tomorrow and with the Delta guys next weekend, but we ought to get a DLC hunt somewhere during the season. I know some of the WMA areas plant millet and we could look for a few birds.

I bought a case of browning 7.5 shot 12 gauge shells from mark's outdoors at lunch today to break in the beretta a400 xtreme I won at the Birmingham Delta Waterfowl event. I'm going to a private hunt tomorrow and with the Delta guys next weekend, but we ought to get a DLC hunt somewhere during the season. I know some of the WMA areas plant millet and we could look for a few birds.

Gotta learn your "folding" technique. I may have a spot for 4-6 of us to go in the next few weeks that we won't have to deal with the WMA issues I've run into in the past.

Thats a great gun... I've got a beretta a391 and love it....

Thats a great gun... I've got a beretta a391 and love it....
That is a good gun. So is the one Trip has listed but he hasn't respond to my PM - tried to buy his 20 o/u for my youngest daughter

So my son and I will be shooting pre 62 Browning 16's tomorrow. Mine is a Sweet Sixteen he's slumming with the standard.

That is a good gun. So is the one Trip has listed but he hasn't respond to my PM - tried to buy his 20 o/u for my youngest daughter

So my son and I will be shooting pre 62 Browning 16's tomorrow. Mine is a Sweet Sixteen he's slumming with the standard.
I’ve got his number, want me to text him for you?

Gotta learn your "folding" technique. I may have a spot for 4-6 of us to go in the next few weeks that we won't have to deal with the WMA issues I've run into in the past.
I only charge a 20 percent winnings fee.

We're at sellwood today and it's Hades hot.

899AB535-EB17-46FB-ACA5-ECA521CC6EA8.jpeg

Got 14 on 40 shells. Had a good time hung with the boy. They are cleaned and grill will be fired up tomorrow.
A0A587F1-7780-4349-B3C1-F12F4C60E7CF.jpeg

Last edited:
My hunt on Saturday ended up being a pretty big bust. My buddy and I ended up on a 16 acre field that had been planted with millet. We were the only ones on the field. There were birds in the field, but since it was so big, we could just never be where the birds were. I only shot 8 times, my buddy managed to hit one bird. Made for a long day, but at least we were out there. Hopefully some better opportunities will come along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom