Doug thorley cat back for 06 lx470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all,

Looking at getting this for my lx470. My current exhaust works just fine but I want some rumble and am curious if any horsepower gains come from this?

Secondly, does anyone run this kit on an 06 or 07? It looks like the year is not listed for some reason as an option….

From a previous thread, I seem to recall that the later years with VVT-i are going to be impossible to get headers for as DT has decided not to make any more. Headers for the older machines do not have a provision for the air induction. This could be overcome but would require some fabbing and modding. I removed my muffler and resonator and put in a Flow Master 70 series muffler with a 3" tail pipe exiting just behind the wheel. I love the gentle rumble, there is no drone at all. Couldn't be happier with that mod. Seems to run stronger on top too, but this is a butt-dyno sensation, nothing verifiable.

From a previous thread, I seem to recall that the later years with VVT-i are going to be impossible to get headers for as DT has decided not to make any more. Headers for the older machines do not have a provision for the air induction. This could be overcome but would require some fabbing and modding. I removed my muffler and resonator and put in a Flow Master 70 series muffler with a 3" tail pipe exiting just behind the wheel. I love the gentle rumble, there is no drone at all. Couldn't be happier with that mod. Seems to run stronger on top too, but this is a butt-dyno sensation, nothing verifiable.
Yep, I’m not looking for headers but just the cat back exhaust mod..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom