Doublers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.kindredspiritscsg.com
So I know there are a few V6 4runners still with their stock T-cases at a local pick and pull near me, which brings me to my question.

How difficult would it be to adapt one (or both of the reduction housings, hypothetically) to my 1987 split case?

Would be all custom.

doubler

If your willing to go that far look at the np203 doubler to your
stock transfer case. plenty of right-ups on it.

Isn't a toybox basically the minicase adapted to the 2f and splitcase? Does anyone know if marlin sells just the adapters.I was looking at the 203 doubler too. Seems like a reasonable way to do things.

I was reasonably certain that you can take the gear reduction portion of a gear driven mini transfer case, do some machining and bingo, you'd have a doubler. Was I way off base with that thought? Sure you'd have to buy the adapter plates from Marlin, but that's not the expensive part, right?

Isn't a toybox basically the minicase adapted to the 2f and splitcase?
Yes, but the Toybox has kind of evolved to where not many parts are interchangeable. The end plates/adapters are machined for larger bearings on any made in the last two years. Also I recently found out stock mini gears or countershaft can't be used either anymore.

The low range box from a mini truck is machined to accept a larger input shaft bearing, which is needed to connect the box to the 4spd. If you had a mini box you could source the larger bearing and have a machine shop size the housing. You would still have to buy the gears from Marlin though. Mini truck inputs and the ones used for 4spd cruisers are two totally different animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom