Doubler or nothing....TECH ONLY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

damn, I like your thinking! so close.

even a neanderthal gets sick of pushing square wheels around sometimes.

I toyed with building up a frankenstein auxilary box for my 105 using two H150F trans. Or more specifically, about 1 and 2/3 H150s

I was thinking turbo charged 1HZ, H150 with the extension housing and reverse gear removed, an adapter plate, and adapter gear, or modified out put and input shaft, then complete H150F, then HF2A, 4.11.

It's totally doable, but would need some $$$ or skill put into adapters or machining gears and shafts. I lacked both at the time, still lack the skills and equipment.

I was thinking modify the output shaft of the first trans to mate to a modified input gear in the second trans so it fits onto the first trans output shaft

I think it would be possible to adapt the second trans casing to bolt up to the OEM adapter plate at the rear of the first casing to eliminate any extra adapter plate, and keep length as short as possible.

It would result in a fairly long drivetrain, longer than adding a doubler, and it would also need modification to fuel tank, and trans tunnel, and custom driveshafts.

it would result in approx 209:1 final drive on 4.11s, add 25% Marks crawler gears into the transfer and it was something like 260:1 (not 100% certain my memory on the figures is correct)
You'd also have a double overdrive available of about 0.75

you would have two H pattern shifters, plus HI/LO shifter, 40 forward gears, and 8 reverse gears (including low range gears). full synchro mesh on all gears (excluding HI gear in the transfer).

DSC00435.JPG

DSC00431.JPG

DSC00434.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom