double water pump pulley questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to put power steering on my cruiser and am looking for a double water pump pulley. I bought one but the bolt patten doesn't match up to the stock water pump. Am I going to need to replace the water pump to match the new pulley I bought? or is there a double pulley somewhere out there with the same bolt pattern as my old single water pump pulley.
The cruiser is a 1972 fj40 with the stock F motor
Thanks to all.

Post up pictures of what you have...

OK
I've never submitted photos so I hope I did this right.
The smaller pulley is the single pulley that was original, the larger pulley is the double pulley I bought trying to make this work but the bolt pattern to attach the double pulley is different. So does anyone have the pulley I need or what are my options?
Thanks
Pulleys.jpg

The double pulley you got is for the larger bolt pattern fan clutch.

You need a double pulley for small pattern direct drive fan. 68-74 F engine w/ air pump is the best bet. The 75-76 2F pulley will bolt up to the F WP, but the sheaves will not line up w/ the crank.

edit:
Oh look, here's the pulley on the bookcase...
DSC07149.jpg
DSC07150.jpg

Last edited:
The one I need measures approx 1" across on the middle hole, approx. 1.5" side to side on the mounting holes and 2" across on the mounting holes. Anyone have one?

I have one, see post #5.

You need to figure out what depth pump you have and what depth pulley is required to line up w/ the crank. If the original pulley in post #1 is the right depth, then you just need a pulley w/ the same depth (mounting surface to back of pulley), plus another sheave in front.

So, what is the depth of the original pulley that lines up w/ the crank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom