Double Steering Arm on SOA ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone have a pic of man-a-fre's double steering arm installed on there SOA? (part number HF-522-79)
I would like to see where it puts all the steering components prior to purchasing this item.

I dunno why you would want a double arm anymore. another $100 gets you a whole high steer kit these days

I'm doing the SOA for two reasons, obviously increased ground clearence is one, but the other is for oil pan clearence for the Cummins 4bt thats going in, and I think a high steer kit may cause me problems. (or so I've been told by others who've done the conversion)
If I'm wrong please point me in the right direction in regards to a high steer kit that will work for my rig!!!

ahh. I don't know about that and a 4BT.

From a pic of Henry's it looks like he has a standard hysteer. Maybe maybe what you heard is about 4x4 lab hy steer with one link in the rear. I don't know about whether it works or not.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=997711&postcount=57

I'll defer to somone that actually knows or has a BT60. I was just going off what i remember seeing on the 4 BT's in cruisers.

Isn't Man-a-Fre's arem just an Aqualu piece? If so, IMHO it is a bit taller than needed (puts the draglink further away from the spring and closer to the frame/oilpan/whatever than it has to).

But if you want a double knuckle arm and don't want to make it yourself/have it made, then I don't think there is much on the market.

mark...

double arm. aqualu up there in canada makes'em also

thanks for the info, I'll go with a reg. high steer (not the 4x4 Labs one) as it will be a bit before the 4bt goes in anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom