Doors Lock when rear hatch is opened... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone else have a cruise where the doors lock and the lights come on when you open the rear hatch? I assume this is some type of security function. Is there a way to turn it off?

For my 96 model, the ceiling light in the cargo area and the rear door courtesy lights will come on when you open the rear hatch if the switch on the cargo light is in the forward position. If you put the cargo ceiling light switch in the middle position the cargo light won't come on but the rear door courtesy lights still come on.

So the doors lock (or unlock?) and is the engine running or the Key in the Ignition, when you open the rear hatch?

Last edited:
I'm reasonable sure that's an annoyance, not an option.
Mine locked me out twice... the alarm system went Bye Bye.

I'm reasonable sure that's an annoyance, not an option.
Mine locked me out twice... the alarm system went Bye Bye.
I figured it was something to do with the old alarm. It does it even if the keys are not in the ignition. Wonder if there is anyway to disable that???

Do your lights come on when the hatch opens?
If you have the port installed RS3000 alarm and you unlock the doors with the fob and it doesn't sense an open door within a preset period of time, the doors will relock. If this only happens with the hatch, then there may be an issue with the switch.

Do your lights come on when the hatch opens?
If you have the port installed RS3000 alarm and you unlock the doors with the fob and it doesn't sense an open door within a preset period of time, the doors will relock. If this only happens with the hatch, then there may be an issue with the switch.
If my headlights are left in the in position, after cutting off when the doors open, then the doors will lock, the chime alarm will come on, the headlights come on and I have noticed the rear I terior
Light comes on but it’s very dim.

If my headlights are left in the in position, after cutting off when the doors open, then the doors will lock, the chime alarm will come on, the headlights come on and I have noticed the rear I terior
Light comes on but it’s very dim.
I wasn't referring to your headlights. I meant the interior lights.
What happens when you just open the hatch? Do the interior lights come on the same way as when you open a rear door?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom