Doors, Ambi w glass and soft top.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Selling a pair of freeborn red '81 side doors with all the hardware and glass with good weather stripping. Driver side exterior has small area of rust in back of door and along window seal as picture shows. Passenger side has no rust visible on exterior. Both have rust on interior lower seal, mild to moderate, it looks like PO may have replaced panels as there a clear line where rust occurs on lower edge interior. Body plastic in great condition, window cranks work fine.

Also selling pair of ambi doors off same vehicle. Passenger side has small area of rust on exterior. Just like side doors there is rust hiding under the weather stripping at the lower seal (I didn't know it was there until I took the pictures and wanted to confirm the amount of rust. Don't know where cover plate is for the interior driver side. Seals and glass in good condition, hinges have minimal rust and are included. I've never had these doors on the 40 so I can't attest to their fit, but came with everything else that has worked fine.

Lastly, got a black soft top, I think it is an older BestTop. I had the rails powder coated semi-gloss black when I refinished the interior of my 40. The rails have never been unpacked since and look incredible. Top was in good condition without holes and working snaps. I have made the 40 completely topless since I live in Florida so I don't plan on using any of the above! It cost me $50 to have rails powder coated alone.

Can send more pics, just email me at cliffrdavis@yahoo.com and I'll send the original large file pics.

$500 side doors, $500 ambi doors, $200 soft top. $1000 for all of it, prefer local but will work with anyone. Going for 1/2 doors to finish off my topless 40... wish the ladies did the same.
IMG_0293.jpg
IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg

Answers...

I just rechecked the side doors and they are much better than I thought last night. It is obvious someone previously replaced one side of the door and then did a poor job welding the lower junction. It is not visible because its in the lower bend, but when you look close there is a straight line where the two sections are not joined that spans most of the lower door. It has minimal rust at that junction. Probably could be left alone or rewelded properly and then painted to match with touch up paint since its in such and inconspicuous area.

Ambi doors do have small ares of deep rust on bottom, not just surface, pitting in several areas.

As for the top, it is in great condition. I just took it out of storage to look at it, probably underpriced it. My mistake, mudders advantage. The color is flat black and the windows have minimal scuffs and almost no yellowing. Snaps are in good condition, rails are show quality. I don't have the window channel, it was a POS. The top is acually SOR, not BestTop as I originally thought.

If I don't get a bidder for all together in the next few days I'll split them up.

Here are pics of top, one is pic through worst window.
IMG_0296.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg
IMG_0298.jpg

Last edited:
2nd on soft top

Shipping to SoCal 92102

any update? PayPal waiting

Got the PMs for the soft top, thanks guys. Still waiting to hear if someone is interested in all of it together. since Dingadong sent the first message it would go to him if he is still interested. I'll be in contact soon if I don't hear from an interested buyer.

OK thanks..........waiting

3rd in line for softtop if others bail....

E-mail sent for the whole sha-bang.

Mike

Sooooooo where are we with this???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom