Door window channel run and belts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys/Gals,

Hate asking this but what is the best place to buy door window channel run? I have an FJ62 with manual window cranks. I need all 4 doors. Very likely buying the inner and putter window belts or whatever they are called.

The are brittle and kink, no matter how much I lubricate them, the fall into the door, kink with the windows when rolling down.

Thanks guys.

There are flocked runs you can get from Amazon that are a considerable upgrade over the late 80s design. A 50ft length will do all four doors with plenty left over, but with the pricing always in flux, at this point you'd be best getting two 20ft lengths. Keep an eye on it because I've noticed that the prices swing dramatically every few days.

Amazon product ASIN B01DE1ZL64
There's a thread about it here: Replacement window run source for 60-series trucks - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/replacement-window-run-source-for-60-series-trucks.1213597/

As far as the belt moulding that goes along the top of the door sheet metal and the interior trim, OEM is the best bet and the non-chrome options for the exterior are still available IIRC.

For the outers, the felts from CityRacer will work with the chrome strip if you re-use your existing clips. But they are hard to remove and often break. It’s possible aftermarket ones will be available soon.

I found a set on EBay..anyone have experience with these EBay versions? I haven’t pulled the plug yet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom