Door weatherstripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Yeah mine's pretty much shot on all four doors and my carpet's getting soaked when it rains. Is there an aftermarket weatherstripping that works better than OEM with a 60/62's doors, or is OEM the only option?

no....use OEM parts. the aftermarket stuff works well for the first year or so (nice and tight) but packs out and loosens up after that.

used SOR's aftermarket stripping to redo all of ours 3+ years ago. was great then, no wind buffeting at highway speeds, etc... but now it is sucking air....will end up replacing again this time with OEM. yet another example of the mediocre quality of SOR's aftermarket parts.....not a fan

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Replaced with OEM on my '83 - easy job, works great. Use a pry bar with a notch cut in it to pry the clips out.

Which weatherstripping are we talking about....the soft stuff on the door, or the soft stuff attached to the border trim around the door opening on the body?

Are both available OEM?....what did ya'll pay for the OEM stuff?

I used the SOR stuff on my front doors 3 years ago and am now replacing the passenger side with OEM. The fit sucked as it was too tight and I had to slam the hell out of the door to get it to shutt. Shaved off teh corners and still having problems so now doing what I should have done in the first place...OEM ($50) each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom