door thump/clunking noise fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi gang, does anyone know how to stop the clunking/thumping noise caused by this hinge at full door open? It's probably wearing out but didn't know if there was a way to take it apart and repair it. My driver's door is the worst, but all are experiencing the same thing. Or is this a part that is easy to replace?

thanks!

door squeak.jpg

Hi gang, does anyone know how to stop the clunking/thumping noise caused by this hinge at full door open? It's probably wearing out but didn't know if there was a way to take it apart and repair it. My driver's door is the worst, but all are experiencing the same thing. Or is this a part that is easy to replace?

thanks!

View attachment 2986192

I went through this a few years ago. Best course of action is to take your door panel off and watch the door open and close.

As that hinge slides into the door, it is most likely catching on the window slide.

Edit: I was able to push back/straighten the metal piece on the outside of the window slide and then the hinge "lever" will clear it and not snag on it. (excuse my poor terminology, I don't the names of each item)

I went through this a few years ago. Best course of action is to take your door panel off and watch the door open and close.

As that hinge slides into the door, it is most likely catching on the window slide.

Edit: I was able to push back/straighten the metal piece on the outside of the window slide and then the hinge "lever" will clear it and not snag on it. (excuse my poor terminology, I don't the names of each item)
thanks

Ok, went back to my photos and found a couple that show what my problem was. Looking at my photos I took the whole hinge out, I may have straightened that up as well. Hope these help.

IMG_4807.jpeg
IMG_4808.jpeg

thanks, ill give this a shot first
It didn’t fully solve it for me though, it started slowly doing it again after a while, but I can tell it is just the fastener coming loose exactly where you circled it as it solved the problem temporarily might need some extra strong loctite or higher torque

It didn’t fully solve it for me though, it started slowly doing it again after a while, but I can tell it is just the fastener coming loose exactly where you circled it as it solved the problem temporarily might need some extra strong loctite or higher torque
i'll try red Loctite, thanks

Mine was still making crappy noises after greasing the check, doing what @araco100 did and tightening that bolt to spec, and doing similar to @okoverland. None of those completely solved the problem so I just bought a new OEM check assembly ($70) and that fixed it for me.

Part numbers for check assembly for front doors for mine are:

68610-60051 (right hand)
68620-60050 (left hand)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom