Door thingy - source or fab? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
DD590467-E20C-4779-9556-705DE618E53D.jpeg
Refurbishing my doors and am missing what I believe is the door limiting hardware anchor point (see pic of the good door). The question is where can I get one or do I need to fab one?​

I think it was Mark’s Offroad who mentioned SOR has a tubside anchor. I need to cross that bridge soon.

Doorside solution below

UNO, since you don't have rig ID in your sig line, I'm just gonna assume that we're talking about a 74 or older 40.

I have had several people that have had the limiter anchors tear out of their inner door skins. Difficult to weld back in place because they were originally brazed.:eek:

To get a better long term anchor [and completely avoid the booty fab] you can bend a sliightly heavier guage of metal to the shape of the door skin and tack it down over the door, increasing the surface area that the anchor has to pull on. Then I also fab my own anchors using plate washers that have been trimmed down to clear the closed door. Haven't had one of them pull out yet.

Hth

Mark A.

He needs this (then the above kit)

0BF8C74E-07D2-4CB6-80F5-E0B07F4DB61A.jpeg

Part 124-14-BRKT at SOR. And a welder.

I have the hinge part - that is affixed to the jam, it was torn off...typical. Its pretty worn to say the least. I choose to install the SOR version. It is a straight forward install. Much stronger design.

He needs this (then the above kit)

View attachment 1747853

Part 124-14-BRKT at SOR. And a welder.

i figured for the cost, you could spend a weekend welding up one for yourself. My cheep solution was to attach a strip of nylon strap with a metal screw to the door & knot the other end so it stays put. Cheep & not OEM, but keeps the door from banging into the fender.
cheers, ty
:beer:

i figured for the cost, you could spend a weekend welding up one for yourself. My cheep solution was to attach a strip of nylon strap with a metal screw to the door & knot the other end so it stays put. Cheep & not OEM, but keeps the door from banging into the fender.
cheers, ty
:beer:
I was looking into this a while back and some had taken a door stop kit from a British car and used it. The kit came with a bitchin leather strap and fasteners.

That would work but man it looks ugly compared to the original application......

I agree about the appearance of the 'fix', but unfortunately the portion of the limiter that's attached to the door was not one of Toyota's best engineering efforts. I typically fix them by cutting out a larger section of the outer layer (about 3/4"x2") and replace it with 1/8" x 3/4" flat bar. I drill a couple 1/4" holes to spot weld to two layers together. This spreads the stress over a larger area.

I agree about the appearance of the 'fix', but unfortunately the portion of the limiter that's attached to the door was not one of Toyota's best engineering efforts. I typically fix them by cutting out a larger section of the outer layer (about 3/4"x2") and replace it with 1/8" x 3/4" flat bar. I drill a couple 1/4" holes to spot weld to two layers together. This spreads the stress over a larger area.

It always reminded me of two washers spaced and stacked vertically.

It always reminded me of two washers spaced and stacked vertically.
:rofl:

Yeah, but it's not the 'washers' that typically fail. There's just too much stress and fatigue on the thin-skinned:( door panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom