Door Striker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where I can find the piece on the inside of the front door frames that the door striker bolts attach to? The PO put on a soft top and hacked up the door posts, so I'm trying to repair them so I can put a hard top back on. I've looked online at SOR and didn't find anything. It is for a 75.

Thanks,

Zglad

zglad said:
Does anyone know where I can find the piece on the inside of the front door frames that the door striker bolts attach to? The PO put on a soft top and hacked up the door posts, so I'm trying to repair them so I can put a hard top back on. I've looked online at SOR and didn't find anything. It is for a 75.

Thanks,

Zglad

You're talking about the piece inside the channel that has the threaded holes for the striker bolts and that moves slightly to allow adjustment of the striker?

If so it's a tough one. The actual part is only a piece of steel. It's kept in place by a sort of cage that I THINK is spotwelded in place inside the channel and can only be reached thru the top hole.

Tried running a tap into the holes to fix them if that piece is still there? You might have to cut it up some more to fix it and then reconstruct the post with new steel. Or maybe a hole saw and a couple of nuts on the bolts?

Not an easy one.

I see what you're talking about now. Yeah, the problem isn't the chunk of metal that slides in the box, it is getting to it.

Might have to make your own. Just get some steel plate, cut to size and run a tap through it.

Did you say that you couldn't get the old ones out, or that they were just still in but unuseable? If you needed to get the old ones out you might be able to chisel/air chisel the "cage" out in order to remove the old ones, then make your new one skinny enough to slide through the top hole and set in place.

I have a '72 tub outside and on it at least the threaded piece is welded in place. The early years have slotted holes in the striker for adjustments and the mount is solid and easy to access through the hole for the pipe that locates the top. Maybe you could get away with a deal like those.

Quote: Honk

I have a '72 tub outside and on it at least the threaded piece is welded in place. The early years have slotted holes in the striker for adjustments and the mount is solid

If the threaded piece is welded the factory didn't do it I have a 68 and a 73 and they both have plates that float in the door jam. The striker has two tapered holes and are not slotted. Adjustment is made by loosening the two screws, move the plate and then tighten.

John

Yup. Same with my 65 and 71.

Well, I have one that is still in the body, but I guess I'll have to make the other one. I just haven't figured out how I'm going to get it in the right spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom