Door rattle driving me crazy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so I have a mysterious rattle that I can't figure out. it seems to be coming from the pillar between the front and rear door on the passenger side, but is now also starting to do it on the driver side too.

It's "heavy" enough of a rattle that when you hold the oh sh**t handle you can feel it through the structure of the car.

it happens mostly when I hit jarring bumps in the road, or when I shut / lightly slam a door.

At first I thought it was my Trail Tailor roof rack maybe not being bolted down enough, so I tightened all the hardware. No play.

then I thought it was my Maggiolina hardshell tent, so I tightened down the mounting brackets to the rack and made sure the two halves of the hardshell weren't somehow clicking together. They're not.

Then I wondered if I had a loose door hinge so I checked all the hinge bolts. They are all tight.

My rear passenger door looks like it sags a tiny bit, and there's also a small mark of paint missing on the inside of where the door closing that could indicate it rubbing from being too low. However when I wiggle the door it doesn't seem to have any play.

has anyone experienced this? It's driving me nuts. It definitely feels like something in the pillar area.

Is it comming from the inside or the ouside?

Could be the plastic trim on the outside of the door?

Window / inside door rattle possibly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom