Door open/ Interior lights come on when making a hard left turn???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had a problem with the door ajar light coming on and the interior light above the second row seat coming on when making a hard left turn? Sometime it also sounds like the door try and lock/unlock. I have checked all of the doors and they are closed. Any idea what may be causing this?

Adjust the locking hoop so that it pulls the door more tightly closed.

Has anyone had a problem with the door ajar light coming on and the interior light above the second row seat coming on when making a hard left turn? Sometime it also sounds like the door try and lock/unlock. I have checked all of the doors and they are closed. Any idea what may be causing this?
Door switch on passenger front door. First, tape a quarter to the font of switch to see if that fixes the issue, second, adjust the door properly. Third, take apart the switch and clean the contact and adjust it.

This is actually a fairly common occurrence. Do search and you'll find other solutions.

Be careful taking the switch apart, a couple of mine disintegrated on me.

I took the switch out and it seems to be grounded correctly and when I push on the door, I can not make the light come on but it still comes on with the hard left turn and the door locks activate when this happens too!

I took the switch out and it seems to be grounded correctly and when I push on the door, I can not make the light come on but it still comes on with the hard left turn and the door locks activate when this happens too!
Realize that Toyota switches the GROUND side of the load, not the hot side like other things in NA. If makes a difference on how you look at it.

Did you ever solve this?

yes. After adjusting the door "hook" a few times, I have not been able to get the lights to come back on. I assume that was the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom