Door locks stopped working in the 110f hot sunny heat. Cheap fix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Left my 2002 LX470 outside for an afternoon today in 110f super hot heat. Well, drivers side door locks both stopped working. It cooled down this evening and they started working again. I looked at some replacement door actuators and they're freakin' $250! $180 for used ebay ones! I hope its not an ECU fault.

Since they work when its cooled down at night, any cheap fix for these? I really don't want to spend $1k to fix my door locks. From what I understand, its a brush motor and they wear out. Seems like a lot of brush electric parts are wearing out on my 2002 LX470 like my ABS booster unit I replaced.

So any cheap fixes so I can save $1k?

Search. There's numerous responses. There is a much cheaper fix than the whole actuator assembly.
Screenshot_20180525-215340_Chrome.jpg

search "mabuchi" on this forum.

Replace just the motors yourself, they sell for like $20 for 1,000,,,0000,0,,,00000 of them.
There are write up's on this already, search the term @jLB said, that's the brand of motor you need.

Hey thanks. Mabuchi really helped the search.

Right now i am confused if I just need the 20mm motor shaft or the 10mm brass shaft.

Hey thanks. Mabuchi really helped the search.

Right now i am confused if I just need the 20mm motor shaft or the 10mm brass shaft.
After all the reading I did I was confused also. I bought one of each. I think they were only $4 a piece. I didn't want to tear it all apart and realize I had the wrong motor.

Bought a pair on Amazon about a week or 2 ago for less than $15. Used the item # from the threads mentioned above.
did you get the 20mm ones or the one with the bronze ends?

I haven’t installed them yet, so I’m in the same boat as you now wanting to go back and make sure I have the proper parts, but the ones I bought are 10mm. They matched the part reference number I found on MUD though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom