Door locks not working and I am going crazy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check Pins 13 /14 on connector BJ1 - it locks / unlocks the other 3 doors on an unlock / unlock signal from the door controller module - the drivers door works independently.

In particular pin 14 which according to the EDW is blue with a white stripe.......

13 should be blue with a red stripe.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 1.27.29 PM.png

Last edited:
How can I LOVE ^ post? Like just isn't enough! So what I did was I tested continuity from the blue/red on the liftgate to the blue/red wire that had the connector on the end of it up front. Had continuity. So I cut off the little connector and wired the blue/red to the blue/white that was wrapped. Tested, worked. Wow! A little bit of work but all my door locks are working for the first time since I bought the cruiser! I'll feel a lot safer now! Thank you to everyone who helped me out today! I feel so grateful for this forum and its awesome people.

And, @unclegit a special thanks for going out of the way to get me going!

After reading this post, I walked out into my driveway and figured out my door lock issue. On what I believe is the 8P connector there is a blue wire with a red stripe. Someone had cut that blue wire with the red stripe and wired in some janky looking freaky harness (what I am sure is the remnants of an alarm), I cut the janky harness off of the blue wire with the red stripe and reconnected the wires. BAM. All done. Thanks everyone. SWEEET.

How can I LOVE ^ post? Like just isn't enough! So what I did was I tested continuity from the blue/red on the liftgate to the blue/red wire that had the connector on the end of it up front. Had continuity. So I cut off the little connector and wired the blue/red to the blue/white that was wrapped. Tested, worked. Wow! A little bit of work but all my door locks are working for the first time since I bought the cruiser! I'll feel a lot safer now! Thank you to everyone who helped me out today! I feel so grateful for this forum and its awesome people.

And, @unclegit a special thanks for going out of the way to get me going!
So I'm not sure that's factory. Let me yank my kick panel and take some pics - I can't see on the EWD where a blue/red directly connects to a blue/white.

The blue / red are the L-R wires on the EWD and the blue / white are L-W.

We are getting close - but we got more work to get this to factory with all 5 locks working - I'd undo that connection until we figure out what's going on.

Last edited:
After reading this post, I walked out into my driveway and figured out my door lock issue. On what I believe is the 8P connector there is a blue wire with a red stripe. Someone had cut that blue wire with the red stripe and wired in some janky looking freaky harness (what I am sure is the remnants of an alarm), I cut the janky harness off of the blue wire with the red stripe and reconnected the wires. BAM. All done. Thanks everyone. SWEEET.
Glad it helped another Mud Person :)

So I'm not sure that's factory. Let me yank my kick panel and take some pics - I can't see on the EWD where a blue/red directly connects to a blue/white.

The blue / red are the L-R wires on the EWD and the blue / white are L-W.

We are getting close - but we got more work to get this to factory with all 5 locks working - I'd undo that connection until we figure out what's going on.
I will remove it for now, just in case. But it does work all the locks properly. Which is odd.

One thing I noticed, on the BJ1 connector. The blue/white wire that was originally taped, it goes in as blue/white to the BJ1 from what I would call the DS of the white block. It comes out on the other side, and the wire that it corresponds to is blue/red.

"One thing I noticed, on the BJ1 connector. The blue/white wire that was originally taped, it goes in as blue/white to the BJ1 from what I would call the DS of the white block. It comes out on the other side, and the wire that it corresponds to is blue/red."

If I'm reading the EWD right pin 14 should be blue/white straight through and 13 should be blue / red straight through at BJ1 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom