Door locking issue - Remote and door switch does not work but key will lock and unlock all doors. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have read a lot of reports on actuators breaking down and not locking but my land cruiser is showing a weird thing where suddenly the remote and either driver or passenger lock switch will not work but by placing the key into any door lock and unlocking or locking will actuate the power locks for all doors.

No change in weather hot vs cold cycles and constant working.

Wondering if anyone has this issue and am considering a relay but I can't seem to find any source that verify if the key in the door operates a different path for locking than either the remote and the door switches.

Thanks,

Search mud "Replace door lock motors" many threads on issue. Basically when old door lock get hot, like on sunny side of vehicle (heat increase resistance). They stop working.

This is a problem on my list, too. I'm replacing all the door lock actuators motors. The replacement motors cost me $8 for all four.

It is likely your driver's door actuator that is not working properly. The rest are not too far behind. By using the key, you are bypassing the actuator and signaling the system to unlock the rest of the doors.

Okay thanks for the all information I will place an order for actuators motors and update once I get them installed.

3 different choice for motor.
OEM direct replacement, get a loan.
Just a motor 5 for $20, bust shell open and resealing a PITA.
Camry (IIRC) motor in shell, just swap arm. $20 each. Fast and clean, provided arm doesn't bust. Heat is your friend!

Do your homework!

I just did this tonight with the motor from eBay. It is an easy job, took me an hour with about 10 minutes wasted because I’m an idiot.

I expect my other doors to take 30-45 minutes each.

Resurrecting an old thread, sorry. I've searched and no joy on this specific thing: On my 99 LX, the passenger side door lock (which likely needs a new actuator motor anyway) will cycle twice when shutting the door. Today it won't unlock at all using the power switches, OR the manual switch on the passenger door. Key does unlock it.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I had an issue where the rear hatch would not cycle with the rest. The manual switch should always unlock unless the child protection switch on the side of the door is switched or if the door locking cables are not routed correctly.

In my experience the whole land cruiser locking system will act strange if one of the actuator motors is burned out. Replace that door first but it may require another motor replaced also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom