Door lock when key is turned to start rig. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK so This sounds crazy and there is no way Toyota would do it on an older rig and not a newer rig. My 80 series when I started the rig the doors would automaticaly lock. So Now that I have a 100 series I cant find anywhere that says it will. Mine will not lock by themselves. I have to lock them manually. Yes I did a search first. :bang: But maybe there is a double secret code so they will lock when I start the rig.

Well WTF????
Im selling my 100..J/K..
But still double damn!!!!

Sounds like you have an aftermarket keyless entry installed on the 80. It's not an OEM feature for the 80 or 100. I had an Autopage remote start/keyless on my 80 and it would lock the doors when you started the truck and unlock them when you turned it off.

yep...aftermarket alarm/keyless entry/remote start feature

OK, so there is no auto lock when you start your 100, but there are some auto lock/unlock features.

If you are having to do it manually it sounds like your auto lock features are turned off.

I have just posted instructions for what I have found in the FAQ here. These steps worked in my 03, never experimented with my 00 but it locked/unlocked automatically. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OK my 80 had the factory Toyota alarm on it. As far as I have know all my friends 80's did the same with the factory alarm. Not an after-market alarm.
Thanks Topoguide. Will give it a try today.

Programmable feature ?

I've driven Tahoes that do this and find it very annoying. I assume that the way the doors are constructed in the Tahoe that locking is required for safety. Toyota probably builds them different (better).

Do you live in a high crime area ?

My 99 has that autolock feature. I guess it's a country or dealer option?

No I dont live in a high crime area. But I work in one. I liked it on my 80 series. Kinda figured the 100 would do the same. :bang: I just have to do it myself now. No worries. Thanks for checking boyz..

I bought Paul's 80 and it does lock as soon as you start the truck. My previous two 80's did the same which were a 97 and a 96 :p

Both 97's had the factory alarm and the "get this" 96 had no alarm and the door locks still locked :meh:

BTW: Lov'n the 40th. I need to send you some pics... :popcorn:

Hi John,
Glad the 40th Anni is working out great for you. I miss it but know you will take care of it and use it. Still working on my 100 series. Slow going but it will come around soon. Need to get a lift and some sliders soon. Waiting on slee's new front bumper. Then I will truly be :grinpimp: Hell ya send me some pics. Wanna how she looks now. Send some wheeling pics too. Glad it worked out for both of us. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom