Door lock rocker problem (both sides) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know that similar problems have been discussed but I didn't see any that are exactly like mine:

The door lock rocker switches on both drivers and passenger side will not lock the doors. Unlock does work though. Also, if I use the remote, the doors will lock. If both switches stopped working at the same time, would it still be a solenoid problem? Where should I start looking for a root cause? Thanks!

Jae

What year/model?
Does the master door lock switch lock all doors "without" the key in the ignition?
Does the master door lock switch lock all doors "with" the key in the ignition?
Does the key switch on the drivers door lock all doors?
Does the key switch on the passenger door lock all doors?
Does the key switch on the rear door lock all doors?
Check all of these switches by cycling them a few times back and forwards or turned full left and right, you may have a sticky switch in one of them which is sending a signal to the ECU which upsets the ECU functionality, not allowing the front inner door switches to operate. Also open each door and cycle the dome light switches of each door, these are also inputs to the ECU.

It's a 2000 LC no door lock switches only in the front. The remote won't work with the key in the ignition if that means anything. Otherwise, I tried opening/closing all the doors and playing with the door sensors and still no locking by switch. I can't imagine both doors failing at the same time with each solenoid so I'm assuming whatever they both connect to is at fault?

PekingDuc,

If you can lock your doors with the remote, but NOT with the switches in the doors, that would in my world mean that solenoids are fine (you can both lock and unlock) but that you have a cabling issue, since you cannot lock from the door switches.

I do not have the wiring diagram, but based on your experience, I'd assume that both the door switches join in to a common point. The problem has to be upstream from tha common point.

If you search the forum, you'll find info on how you can buy and download the FSM. That should help you.

Yeah, I figured it's something up the chain. I'll do a search for the FSM but I'm not very good at reading electrical diagrams. Anyone here know where the common links are between my front door switches?

Yeah, I figured it's something up the chain. I'll do a search for the FSM but I'm not very good at reading electrical diagrams. Anyone here know where the common links are between my front door switches?

The diagram I have (2002, yours may be different) shows ground points are common to lock and unlock on each switch, so it's not that, the lock wire from each switch (Driver and pass) are seperate and enter the ECU at seperate points, so unlikely that. The 2000 may have different or commoned inputs. You can send me a pdf if you want me to have a look. PM me if required.

Thanks for the info but not sure what you mean by me sending you a pdf. There has to be a common point of connection for the two door switches so I just need to figure out where they connect and how.

A PDF (acrobat reader) type file, if you download the 2000 FSM from techinfo site you could email me the PDF file for the doorlock circuit and I could have a look at it if you can't work it out. You could start a new post and ask if anyone has the electronic FSM and get them to send you the file (well 2 or3 files, the wireless one as well,.... xxxdlc.pdf and xxxwdlc.pdf and maybe a diagnostic file xxxcikeyloc.pdf) and have a look at them.

Problem no longer there. It dissapeared as mysteriously as it appeared... Probably carbon deposits somewhere that cleared up. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom