Door lock actuator motor help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looked at the threads and there was no concrete answer as to which motor to buy off of eBay.

I know the shaft is 10mm, but do I need the round shaft version or flat shaft version? Also, what is the deal with the collar? Do they come on the shaft already or do I reuse them off my old motor ?

The motors I got from Jon Harris for my '04 have the flat shaft and collar and they worked fine. I suppose you could reuse a collar if you bought a motor w/o.

Thanks. Thats the info I needed.

The motors I got from Jon Harris for my '04 have the flat shaft and collar and they worked fine. I suppose you could reuse a collar if you bought a motor w/o.

I think your best bet is to take the door apart and see which one you need. I have replaced these on a couple different model years, thought I had the right one going in, then found out it was different. Im not sure that you can reuse a collar, pulling it off and putting it on another one I think would be hard. Maybe just order a couple motors of each type that way you've got what you need.

The collar is only pressed on, and it's not a hard fit since it's so small. I've pulled them off and put them on to the shaft as needed with no big issue. Just need a bench vise and a few basic clamps and/or a dremel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom