Door Lock Actuator Group Buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will be purchasing some of the Mabuchi FC-280PT-22125 motors. These are the motors that are used on our Cruisers for the door lock actuator (with the collar). With the weather warming up I am guessing there are several others that will need them as well so I am placing an order, the question is how many? The min order is 34, of which 10 already have a home. That leaves 24 available unless more are requested by the time I place the order.

I am offering them for $6 each, which includes shipping (US). I will wait a few days to place the order in case there is more of an interest than what the minimum order will cover. So if you're interested get back to me quickly please... I need to replace mine ASAP!!

-Mike

After 164,000 miles, mine are getting tired/flakey. Are they easy to replace? Can I assume 5 per vehicle?

Only one in the tailgate or is there one in the hatch too ?

In for 5 or 6.

I live in Peoria, AZ and would some depending on which doors thier operate in a 2000. 5?

I don't think tere is one in the tailgate. The hatch should have one though.

I live in Peoria, AZ and would some depending on which doors thier operate in a 2000. 5?

I don't think tere is one in the tailgate. The hatch should have one though.

Correct, there are only 5. The one in the back is in the hatch, the tailgate doesn't have one, where you put the key is just a remote switch that sends a signal to the actuator motor in the hatch.

After 164,000 miles, mine are getting tired/flakey. Are they easy to replace? Can I assume 5 per vehicle?

Here is a link to a thread that has quite a bit of information on replacing the actuator. It doesn't seem too hard, the biggest thing is the clam shell style housing that we will have to pry apart and then seal back up at the end. I think one of the posts someone did not glue it good enough and it exploded apart when he fired the actuator the first time. But if this is something you will need to redo in another 100K or so miles then you probably don't want to completely bathe it in superglue either :doh:

And yes, 5 per vehicle.

Down for 4 or 5.

Put me down for five. I already bouth a high dollar full replacement for my driver's door that need to be installed. I keep for getting to replace it since it's working fine now. Of course that will change this summer. Figure I put it in and learn how to replace the motor with my old one.

I'll take 2 as well.

Thanks guys, we are over the minimum order! I will post what everybody has ordered a little later, and then I will send PMs to those who have not paid and ask for your shipping address.

So if there is anyone who still needs a motor let me know and I will add you to the list.

-Mike

Here is the list that I have. If I got a quantity incorrect or did not get your request please let me know. PMs will go out later today.

User - qty
stevopike - 5
richg - 4
mobi-arc - 5
Nmuzj100 - 5
Livinginthepast - 5
lexi4darin - 5
kenso - 2
hoser - 2

I just placed the order. The group buy is closed.

Thanks to those who joined in on this with me. I will keep you posted.

-Mike

Any chance for another round:D
x2 on another round. I have one that is out and another that is on it's way. I'd be in for 5.

I'd be in for 5 as well if this comes around again. I didn't see the thread until after the GB had closed.

That's 15 more actuators wanted in 3 days. I just noticed the original GB was only open for 3 days because of the OP time constraints. I hope we can get another one of these going soon!

Mine just gave out yesterday. My driver side will work for about 3 times continuously then stop and move a little. It regains function after about 10 seconds. My passenger rear door lock squeals now but all others are solid (until I post this)

I've got no issues with mine but that's cheap insurance in my book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom