Door Lock Actuator Front Right and Hatch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So.. Since I am a cheapskate and did not want to drop something like a total of $500 for actuators (Hatch worked once in a blue moon and front passenger worked 60-70% of the time) I decided what the heck.. I'll give it a shot and see if I can retrofit standard universal actuators that I got off eBay 4 for about $20.. Some months ago I did the rear hatch and its been working 100% all the time since. For the hatch it's a tight space so you have to remove the original actuator to make space. Sorry no pics since I was trying it out as an experiment I thought it would fail so I did not think of making a post about it.. But it has been working perfectly.. So I finally got tiered of the passenger door working whenever it felt like it.. and dove into it today..
It's also a tight fit, but so far so good it works.. I disconnected the OEM door actuator but left it in place.. Sorry not too many pictures because again I was not sure it would work.. But it does. :meh:
Door3.jpeg
Door1.jpeg
Door2.jpeg

Come on - admit it, your true location is Cuba, not Tempe, Arizona, right?

:doh: Gt me there.. My other ccar is a 57 Chevy!

FYI - just in case you want to - from 2018...
FYI - rockauto is selling new Aisin door lock actuator modules for FZJ80 for about $48/side, identical to OEM. Worked for me on '97 LX450.
Left rear door lock and rear hatch - DLT-088
Right rear door lock - DLT-089
Unfortunately, 'tis said - front doors are NLA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom