Door key doesn't work when car running!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just spent 20+mins jimmying open my LX.

So my old 100 you could roll down the window and from outside hit the lock button then auto up the window and use another key to open to door. Great for running in with the dog in the car so they still have AC.

Well let me tell you guys you CAN NOT!! do that on the 200 lol. I did my normal lock the doors and auto up the window and key no worky.

luckily I was at my house and was only scent fogging the car.

Did you use the traditional metal key (the one that pulls out of your remote) to open the door? It did not open the door?

Yes the metal key. It works when the car is off and locked.

So, in your situation above, did the metal key open the door with car running and door locked?

I used an air wedge and a metal rod (I had put heat shrink on the rod to not mess up the paint) I used the rod to push the window down switch from the out side. With the car not running and doors locked the metal key opens the doors. There has to be some kind of circuit in the door that wont let it work when the car is running or else how would it work when the battery was dead? I pull the door panel and take a look.

Could have been the way you locked it up. When I want to leave mine running for extended time with the dogs I exit the car running and then use the key to physically lock it. This renders the remote useless but you can unlock using the physical key again. Also you do not leave the fob in the car, take it with you.

I had the key fob with me. I will try locking it from the outside with the metal key and have the fob with me and let you guys know.

Could have been the way you locked it up. When I want to leave mine running for extended time with the dogs I exit the car running and then use the key to physically lock it. This renders the remote useless but you can unlock using the physical key again. Also you do not leave the fob in the car, take it with you.
This is what I do also. Works.

I had the key fob with me. I will try locking it from the outside with the metal key and have the fob with me and let you guys know.

Word to the wise...
When experimenting with this stuff...
...Just leave enough window open while testing so you can reach inside if you screw up and get locked out.
Once sure...roll it up and go.

There should be no reason a properly working metal key wouldn’t unlock the door. It is both a switch that can electrically lock/unlock if the ecu thinks all the conditions or met, and a physical rod into the locking mechanism that can engage/disengage the door lock.

If your metal key wouldn’t unlock the door something is wrong with the mechanism.

There should be no reason a properly working metal key wouldn’t unlock the door. It is both a switch that can electrically lock/unlock if the ecu thinks all the conditions or met, and a physical rod into the locking mechanism that can engage/disengage the door lock.

If your metal key wouldn’t unlock the door something is wrong with the mechanism.

I do know that you cannot use the fob to wirelessly lock door from the outside while it’s running, as it senses you are outside and immediately unlocks it again. Probably just a matter of the right fob placement inside, but might take some fiddling, or a second fob.

I do know that you cannot use the fob to wirelessly lock door from the outside while it’s running, as it senses you are outside and immediately unlocks it again. Probably just a matter of the right fob placement inside, but might take some fiddling, or a second fob.
I get that, I’m saying the mechanical key in the lock hole in the door. There isn’t anything in there that disconnects this mechanism when the door is locked. A properly cut key in that hole turned all the way the appropriate direction should unlock that door.

So I pulled the door panel. Turns out the person that was in there last didn't know what they were doing. The Part that the key goes in has a keyed bar that goes into the lock mechanism so when the key is turned it lock and unlocks the door. well they didn't put it in the slot. works now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom