Door hinge pin bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The brass ones work like a champ, I wouldn't use the plastic ones ever again.

I have found that neither will fit with the OEM pins that the truck came with - so no bushings for me :meh:

I didn’t order from SouthBoston so I cannot say for certain they couldn’t have worked, but I used oversized ‘OILite’ bushings to refurbish my hinges that had egg shaped holes. After 20+ years without bushings nothing stock would fit. I drilled the holes out and then filed the flanges for a snug fit.

I have found that neither will fit with the OEM pins that the truck came with - so no bushings for me :meh:
Maybe this is the reason?
Also if you ordered from me in the last year and you are having issues with the pin fitting thru the opening, PM me and I will send you a new set. The last batch was off by a hair but it was enough to cause a couple of issues that I know about. Please check if you haven't.

When I installed mine a few years ago the door pins were tight fitting in the bushing, once I tapped them in and got them installed I have had no problems. They fit like a glove, keep my doors from rattling, and open and close as smooth as can be.

I also have had my doors off and on multiple times during my build to check alignment, installing the bushings each time, again, no problems.

Claudia,
PM your address and I'll send you a set.

Looking for confirmation you received my PayPal payment? Sent message but you haven't responded.

I used the ones from @SouthBostonFJ40 as well.

I did use my Dremel tool to hone out the bronze bushing so the pin would slide up and down easier.

I also used bronze bushings from McMaster on my tire carrier.

It is all documented in my build thread. 1979 FJ40 Old School Overhaul

Edit: I changed out every hinge bushing on the truck using the ones from @SouthBostonFJ40, windshield hinge, hood hinge, rear ambulance door and half door hinges.

Looking for confirmation you received my PayPal payment? Sent message but you haven't responded.

Still Waiting... For any sort of communication, confirmation of payment. Anyone have some feedback on communication in past? As a small business owner, I'm having a hard time understanding the lack of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom