Door glass metal supports replacement options (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 55 has rusted through metal components which attach to the regulator to support the glass in going up and down in the doors. A couple of the regulators need replacing also. At a guess, wrecked ones are likely to be rusted up like mine already - is anyone aware of potential replacements?

What have other people done?

My 55 has rusted through metal components which attach to the regulator to support the glass in going up and down in the doors. A couple of the regulators need replacing also. At a guess, wrecked ones are likely to be rusted up like mine already - is anyone aware of potential replacements?

What have other people done?

What year model?

Jan 1977 model. I wonder if there is any compatibility with 40 or 60 series components? Plenty of those on ebay.

Jan 1977 model. I wonder if there is any compatibility with 40 or 60 series components? Plenty of those on ebay.

Saw drvr door on ebay for a 55. I was wondering because the metal looked a bit lighter on the later models. SOR shows them the same 75-80, but they don't show a seperate listing for it. I do see them there every once and a while on ebay or here. When I was looking at mine the other day I was thinking of looking at a hardware store at drawer slides...kinda farfetched but....

I found one of the mounts that is on the rail that the glass sits in and that is in turn bolted to the regulator, was broken on the passenger side of my '55. I just knocked off the glass and rubber strip and rewelded the mount back on and reinstalled the glass. Start to finish was about 2 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom