Door check hits window (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey again everyone, I'm looking for anyone else who experienced what's happening to my FJ62.

My rear left door check hits the window when it's all the way down. So the window is blocked and cant come up. Also the door check scratches the window. I managed to sneak my phone in to get a couple of videos of the door check attaching the window.
Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20171005111831-756x567.jpg

I took the door apart to look for anything that looked weird, but couldn't find anything but a really small irregularity. It seems that the door check is mounted in a seat that is welded onto the car frame. The seat is lifted 2-3 millimetres in the sides where there's no problem, and it's not lifted in the side where the problem is.

I took the door checks out on the left and right rear door and compared them. The left one (which has the window problem) was bended, so I straightened it out so it looked like the right side. It still hit the window though after being straightened.

So has anyone an easy-fix for this, besides shortening the door check, which I'd prefer not to do?
It's really hard to reach the seat that holds the mount for the door check and lift it. And I'm thinking that there must be another way that's easier.
IMG_20171005_120240-1008x756.jpg
IMG_20171005_111854-756x1008.jpg
IMG_20171005_113035-1008x756.jpg

Last edited:
You need some replacement ones. I probably have some on a parts truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom