Door channel rubber (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have heard a lot of folks say they got door seal from JC Whitney. I don't know the part number though. we need a sticky FAQ with this kinda stuff in the Iron pig category. If you can get ahold of Brian(guyute) I think he sold his pig but if I remember corectly he bought his door seals from them and may know what one it is.

E

i getting the window channel felts from his post...i just used regular old aftermarket window felts.

Window channel felt it be. I did the front doors about 3 years ago when I first got my pig, it was around $35 each door from SOR, and wasn't even molded in the corners. Now my rear door's window channel are starting to go. The one on the passenger side is about half gone. Rattling glass against metal is such a comforting sound. Also, the SOR stuff is a hair bigger than it should be. After installing it, the booger welds holding the channel in place broke from the stress.

As you can see, paying $70 for just two window channels is just plain stupid, just looking for past/current experience.

I was at an auto show, and found a guy that had a s***load of rubber weatherstripping and whatnot for cars and actually had one that was made as a replacement for old toyota's. fits perfectly. there were infact two made for old toyota's one was too tight and you could barely move the window up and down and the later was perfect.

To my surprise, toyota still carries the felt window runners. A little cheaper than SOR, $26 each. So the pig gets the correct replacement for the rears. They still have one passenger side mirror left in the system. If someone doesn't buy it soon, I will for s***s and giggles to go with the other ones I'm hoarding but am afraid to use. Cheaper from toyota than on ebay, go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom