Door ajar light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
photostorm.is
Hi everyone.
I have a strange door ajar issue in my 2006 LC 100. Then the car is switched off and the the key is out of the ignition, the door ajar light is normal, turns on and off as doors are opened and closed, but the I insert the key into the ignition, the door ajar light comes on, and stays on while the key is in there.
I have googled around, and found one thread where someone had the exact same issue, but no answer to his question, except for suggestions about the switches.
Here is the thread I found Reset open door warning light Toyota Land Cruiser 100 series – Reset service light, reset oil life, maintenance light reset

Has anyone here come across this odd issue before? any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. The cable harness into the doors wear out, they either brake or loose insulation.

Does this have anything to do with the key/ignition? This just started happening on mine and I doubt it's any sensor on doors because it works fine without the key in ignition. It stays on when I'm driving, normal when I turn car off and pull key out, then chimes when I open the door as if the key is in ignition. Leads me to believe ignition is the issue?

I'd assume switch and take it out and look at it. (and the ground) Then the wiring at the lower fuse panel inside left and assume water entry.
All of it goes to the body ecu, also lower left, which sends info to the combo meter. (the last thing I would assume)
Start at the door, work towards the combo meter.

It stopped for me yesterday. I noticed that the steering wheel played a role... when I pushed on it in a certain way the beeping would stop (door opened, no key inside). Leads me to think it may be the clock spring playing a role as well since previous owner replaced it with some cheaper unit to stop noise from the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom