Door ajar issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there fellas, new to the forums here.

I'm having an issue with my '96 FZJ80.
I first noticed when the central lock switch on the drivers door was immediately flicking off when I attempted to lock the car.
Then when i had the dome light set to 'door' it was on constantly.
The car still locks with the key just fine (lost the fob long ago)
The drivers door seems very slightly ajar when it is closed, and when I firmly press it in the dome light switches off, only to come back on when i release pressure.
Any ideas what could be causing this? I scraped the forums but could only find info about malfunctioning switches, not something keeping the door open.

Cheers

The latch hoop is out of adjustment. Loosen it slightly, should still be snug to door frame, tap it toward the truck to tighten the door, tighten the screws. Its in the FSM.

Try opening the doors one at a time and press the door ajar switch, a good switch will operate smoothly, while a buggered one tends to hang up unless you add some force. That said you can get a new one or just isolate the ground for now...a plastic bolt vs the 10mm bolt to frame found under the rubber sheath, oh and a bit of electrical tape to cover any metal to body contact. #84231-60010/60020
1580476504528.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom