Don't Miss It!: 22nd Annual Cruiser Days, July 22, 2017, Hougen Park, Abbotsford, BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lynden KOA if you want to glamp.

will go along with the crappy dubs on the cruiser now LMFAO

may just do the trail run and camp with you guys afterwards then.

Might have visitors, but if it falls through i will shoot on over...My visitor is a cruiser nut, George from Valley Hybrids and Cruiser Brothers.

Bring him over!

Looking forward to this! Always my favourite event of the year. It will be great to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones!

Bumped into George from Valley Hybrids at Mogfest when I brought my 60 up from LA.
Very nice guy and very knowledgeable. Hope he can make it.

22nd Annual Cruiser Days Show 'n' Shine

Where: Hougen Park, Abbotsford, B.C.
When: July 22, 2017, 10am to 3pm

"There is likely an overnight wheeling and camping trip going to happen after the show. As per usual, our rec director will figure this out at the show, keep your ears peeled for details."

As my first Wreck Director decision, we're headed to north end of Chehalis Lake for some camping. Plenty of spots, the river is low and also the bridge is fixed in case you don't want to get your tires wet. I'll have my propane campfire so if someone can bring a spare propane just in case we run out that would be great. Tsunami danger: low. Mosquito danger: low. Bear danger: low.

In case you need directions, take Sts'ailes Road (Harrison West) then left at the 32km mark onto Mystery Creek and it will lead you there. BTW there are signs about a road closure, ignore them as they are past the Mystery Crk turnoff and only in effect on weekdays.

20170715_174659.jpg

I tell you Mrs Tweedy, this guy is organized! :)

:beer:

We're looking forward to meeting you! :beer:

I drive a cruiser like the odometer works hahah any land marks at that 32 km

I drive a cruiser like the odometer works hahah any land marks at that 32 km

Yes a big intersection and sign, go left at mystery creek. At that spot you'll have a clear view of Harrison Lk on your right.

And once on the Mystery Creek FSR, I believe just stay right at any little offshoot roads and follow it till you come to the bridge at the Chehalis River. Then cross the bridge and turn left. There is a turn off into the old provincial campground (long since decommisioned) on your left again, right before the road deactivation.You know you've gone too far if you cross that road deac and start rock crawling across the landslide :)

There is also a turn off to the left a few 100 meters before the bridge, through what is now a clear cut to the north of Chehalis lake. From there you can also cross the river (no bridge tho).

edit: As you near Chehalis lake, you will start coming down a hill with a clearcut on your left, stay left at this intersection (you can see the road winding down through the clear cut), and views of Chehalis lake from here.

Now for something easier.....parking at the show.....

Parking Plan.jpg

Before I forget, I could use a couple of able-bodied volunteers to help with setup, selling tickets, and a couple more to help with cleanup. The more hands, the easier it goes for everyone! :) THANKS!

I'll be arriving at the park at 8:30.

:beer:

Last edited:
I will help in the clean up.
Ruwi

Could use a few more folding tables if anyone has one to bring.

Thanks!
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom