Dont hate me, but im from cali. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello again. AS you know there are not many places to offroad my cruiser in so cali. so i have decided to make it a street cruiser instead.

I guess my question is: If i wanted to cut the springs, how much would i have to cut off before sacrificing ride quality?

I know there are springs are there as well but my azz is too broke to afford them right now.

Any help? Oh i will be adding a 20' maybe 22' wheel on as well.

Dont hate me :eek:

Sikko,

Nobody here hates you but you're in a forum for off-road advice on Toyotas in general and 80 Series Land Cruisers in particular. Other than one or two members, most of us have little experience or interest in those mods that interest you (not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Good Luck on your mods!

-B-

OneSikKruizer said:
Hello again. AS you know there are not many places to offroad my cruiser in so cali. so i have decided to make it a street cruiser instead. :eek:

Really.... You sure about that?

Just get it over with and PM LX_TREME.

-Ammo

Question: Why do this to a solid front axled Land Cruiser?

I would think there are other vehicles out there, especially ones with fully independent suspention front and back, that would lend themselves to be better street abortions.

Whoooaaa... wait a second....

Not enough places to offroad in Cali? Are you effin serious?

Cali is full of places to go. You just must not want to find them.

OneSikKruizer said:
If i wanted to cut the springs, how much would i have to cut off before sacrificing ride quality?

...Oh i will be adding a 20' maybe 22' wheel on as well.

Okay...crazy question for this board. But I feel I just have to ask this: if you don't have the money for new springs, where is the money for those bling wheels and tires coming from :eek: Those are going to be very spendy indeed. :rolleyes:

OneSikKruizer said:
Hello again. AS you know there are not many places to offroad my cruiser in so cali. so i have decided to make it a street cruiser instead.

There are tons of places to offroad in socal. One is 15 min away from you and there are a handful more within an hour's drive. There is a place called BIG BEAR that has tons of offroading... the entire Anza Borrego desert... Sierra National Forest...
just say you want to bling your 80.

If you want to put dubs on it, check clublexus.com for more like-minded owners.

no places to wheel in the PRK?
you gotta be kidding me...

OK, which one of you :censor: is pretending to be Sikko just to annoy us...? :D

what everyone else said!! and also if you want to lower it DO IT RIGHT!!! don't go Ghetto and cut the springs!! Springs are cheep and you can get them for the LC no problem. cutting springs is only for Ghetto ricers anyway. My cruiser before the lift was only a couple inches off the bumpstops as it was.

LOL....Dude your in the wrong Tavern.

Step away from the Land Cruiser and hand over the keys!

A stock American 80 crusier is a low rider already.

WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN HOW THEY DO IT IN THE FLATLANDS!

Hey i got a 250 GT Ferrari i would like to put 40s on, does anyone know were i can get a lift kit?

Don't Do It !

Sik- there are **PLENTY** of places to offroad in SoCal. If THAT is really why you want to drop your cruiser, let me know and I'll give you a list of trails to try.

On the other hand, if that was just an excuse to "bling" your cruiser, at least have the guts to be honest about why you really want to do it.

Seriously, even if there were no places to offroad in CA, that's no reason to turn it into a street cruiser. Keep it garaged until the roads finally wash out and can't be repaired....

I just got in from taking the back-way, the southern route out of Joshua Tree National Park, the Beedoo Canyon road in a thunderstorm and it was fab. A four-thousand foot drop in a flooding wash. Now I don't hate you for wanting to exchange an experience like that for a street low boy, maybe you're a drug dealer or you're really just cruisin' looking for pussy, but either way it sure sounds like you hate your Land Cruiser to do such a cruel thing.

Sikko,

How 'bout a little more info on your Cruiser? Maybe you should consider selling it and get something better for the street? Send me a PM.
EDIT: Nevermind about the PM. '92 w/200k+ miles.

Sik-
1. If you do it, do it right, don't cut coils to get it done.
2. Don't do it.

each to their own, do it! post pics.

Just don't be surprised if guys raze ya. As they are right this is a offroad biased forum, not a bling bling import site.

although close eh? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom