Done --- Key Just stopped working 03 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to leave a spare key so my friend could move my 2003 LC while I was out of town. So I grabbed the spares I had so I could confirm they worked. I say "confirm they worked" because the two regular fob type keys were a little damaged and the third one looked like a valet key, so I wanted to make sure they started my LC, not just opened it. So I'm clear, I have 4 keys, three fob type and one valet type.

I inserted the valet key first and to my surprise, the truck actually started...but only for 2 seconds. Then some weird things happened and the lights started flashing. I figured it was some weird thing with the valet key so I tried all the other keys, including the one I always use and none of them work.

After a few hours of searching, I'm still not sure what's going on. I see a lot of posts about immobilizer and ECU issues, and about programming keys, but nothing that described a valet key causing the vehicle to become disabled.

What I do know is:
When the FOB type keys are inserted, the security light stops blinking.
When the Valet key is inserted the security light does not stop blinking.

BUT...the lights and radio/nav etc work with ALL the keys...even the valet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really need to drive to the airport Wednesday morning (100 miles away)

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Woke up this morning and the battery was dead. Charged her up and boom... the truck started. Not sure how inserting the valet drained the battery, but I'm glad the trucks working.

Woke up this morning and the battery was dead. Charged her up and boom... the truck started. Not sure how inserting the valet drained the battery, but I'm glad the trucks working.
Make sure there are no wires damaged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom