dometic 65w cooling issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've owned my Dometic CFX65w for a little less than a year now (bought new july 2019). Its been great since recently (may/june 2020). I noticed that my fridge was not cooling to the desired temperature 30-32 F. Screen reads 64/67F. Then food starting going bad and my drinks weren't cooling. Main/starter battery reads at 13.9V and Secondary (odyssey extreme 34a) reads at 14.4V. Its bridged through my RedArc. I have 2 year factory warranty. I removed it from my truck and plugged into wall outlet, and it cooled for a little bit but then the same issue came up. it stopped cooling. Orange LED was flashing, then would turn solid green. But not cooling. I've been trying to contact Dometic and also local service shops in the area, and apparently, there aren't many willing to do the work, under the warranty. They either don't want to do it "because dometic takes forever to ship the parts", or they only work on fridges that are in airstreams or RV's.. Has anyone had any issues with their dometic or fridges? or with getting their fridge replaced under warranty with dometic? Meanwhile, still waiting for Dometic customer service regarding the issue.

Last edited:
I've read other threads regarding individual examples of customer service problems and similar quality issues.
Sucks cuz I was thinking about buying one, but...

I had the same fridge with the same issue...huge props to Dometic for replacing the unit with a brand new one.

Could have been the thermister, not telling the system what the actual temperature was. Some early ARB's had the same issue.

Really COOL that they got you squared away!!!:beer:

::update::

Domestic Customer service got back to me. The CFX65 has been discontinued. They will be sending me a new fridge CFX3 75.

We have been using the CFX3 75L for the last week. It has been awesome, especially in FL with temps in the mid 90s. It didn’t like the 12volt plug in my Sequoia but switching to the inverter solved that issue. This is my first 12volt fridge and it will pay for itself camping/travelling with a family of 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom