1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domestic Duties....who else does them??

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Nick the Carpenter, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Nick the Carpenter

Nick the Carpenter

i just wanted to know if there are any other users who get stuck with domestic duties occasionally? that has been my job this weekend. i think i get annoyed because it takes time away from working on my cruiser. but i have to do it cause my wife is studying for exams at uni. thank god it only happens rarely

i can tell you now i hate vaccuuming :mad:

2. Jman

Jman

Dude, you have no idea. :shakinghead:

3. HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Media:
    Albums:
    Wait till she gets pregnant, she'll pawn the cat box off on you for the entire pregnancy.

I get away with doing as little as possible ;)

4. toy60

toy60

Welcome to Life

We all get "Honey do" lists.

I think we just do it to keep the peace and get parts for the toy!!

5. calamaridog

calamaridog

My wife pawned the catbox duty off on me and hasn't resumed either...

Needless to say, I moved the catbox to the end of the garage and seldom change it.

Ih8cleaning so I hired a cleaning lady. She brings a small army with her once every two weeks and they clean like hell for an hour. Worth every penny.

But she doesn't do catboxes:doh:

6. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I hate her cat and the s***box, and have had to pick up that recently while expecting #2, plus they aren't allowed to come into contact with bathtub cleaners....

Anyway, other than that, I bring home the bacon, take care of yard and LC's, and she does the rest. As it should be.

We started out dual incomes, and I pitched in with dinner and some housework then, but then we devolved into nature's most practical roles....

She knows I will be happy to clean and vacuum the same day as she goes out and mows. Same with jobs, if she wants to go out and pull down the $$, I'd be happy to be Mr. Mom. So for a girl that was pretty much into "equality" and against traditional roles, she has realized that there is a reason why generations have lived this way...

7. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    When the wife stayed at home with the kids, she did everything but the yardwork. Now that she's working again I pretty much do it all, but in some ways I don't mind, cause I do things the way I like them done.

8. Lovey

Lovey Oct 2004

Occasionally???

You should be so lucky that its just occasionally.
    I am single and somewhat of a neat freak. Own a home.
    My only complaint about being single is I would love to have someone else clean the toilet or the kitchen or vacuum, cook a meal, etc. I'm not talking about a maid either.

Gotta do whats gotta get done.

9. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    I water the flowers, green house, lawn......I love to water.

I also Vacuum the house, I love the Dyson vac I got connie.......so I took over the vacuuming.

but thats it.

10. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Are you bigger than me John ? I can't remember, and I need to know if I should giggle out loud, or stiffle it politely :D :D ;p

TY

11. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

I need to become friends with my vacuum now though too. Now that Meghan is no more, I can finally begin the task of de-hairing/dandering this entire condo. Every day I sigh a little deeper, as I realize this fully. No more dander and fur on the bedding moments after I wash it all .. etc etc. My allergies should benefit greatly ..

TY

12. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    I always cook dinner- no biggie for me, as I like to cook and she can't boil water. Well, that's not true, but she's very critical of herself (because she thinks I'm overly critical of her cooking, which isn't true- I usually like everything she's made).

Sometimes I end up vacuuming, which is no big deal. We have a wind-tunnel vac, which is nice. Gets up all the dog hair, which is a big deal in my house.

I still do most of the yard work, but she picks up the branches and puts them in the lawn bags for pick up.

13. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

I do the laundry, it's therapy for me. Other than that, if it's outside (lawn, house, cars) it's mine, and if it's inside (dishes, cleaning) it's hers.

And I'm with you John, I do like vacuuming, dunno why.

14. HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Media:
    Albums:
    My wife does an outstanding job with the house. She leaves me home with the 3 kids for one day and comes home to shambles. How do they manage to wreck every room of the house in a matter of hours? I usually am running around making them pickup after themselves, but you basically have to tell them every last thing to pick up.

Me outside and garage and cars, she does the rest except the bathroom, I gotta have that my way.

15. spotcruiser

spotcruiser Geezer SILVER Star

I used to help out around the house when my wife had a job. Now that she's a full-time housewife, no. I do the yardwork and work on the cruisers. The rest is hers. :D

16. Koffer

Koffer

Hehe
    My wife and I hate cleaning so she has a cleaning lady come in and cleans like a mad woman (plus very nice looking in her 20s,now if I could get her to ware one of those maids outfits ;) )
    I hate taking care of the yard as I work stupid hours and by the time I get home im beat and almost dark and my 2 days off is one is the only day the Cruiser :princess: a I have together and the other gets everything else done .
    I now just got what looks like a small army of landscapers that does a better job then I can do in a day they have it blowen out in under a hour.
    I look at all the money I save on auto repair these other things are paid by the savings , thats my story and im sticking to it :flipoff2:

17. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    yup, I got a lawncare service now........I love it :) took a while to get use to paying someone to do what I "should" be doing........but coming home friday afternoon to a lawn edged, mowed and blown........is SO damn nice :)

Best part, I just sold my lawn care guy a piece of land(he found himself, I just wrote it up) so that will pay for his service for 8 years :D

18. albee

albee

Reading what you guys do makes me fell like a slave. My wife works, so I stay home with the three kids under 4 years. I do all of the cleaning, laundry, cooking, yard work, built the house myself, and pack a lunch for my wife. It is by far the hardest job I have ever had, but I love every day.

19. VTFJ40

VTFJ40

We tried a couple of cleaning ladies, but none were good enough for the wife. So she does it. She loves too clean though, (thank God), so I take care of the yard. We split the cookin, only cuz I'm good at it.

20. Bluto

Bluto

You are not alone. The only thing I hate doing is putting up the dishes and cleaning that damn litterbox. The lawn is cared for by Jose. :) The rest of the outside I do myself.

With two kids wrecking the house after the 1st cleaning, sometimes, I clean up again before going to bed.

My wife wanted a maid. But the cost! It would be worth it if she looked like the ones in the cheerleader thread. :D