Dome Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm working on trying to get the dome light working in my 82 FJ40. Found a bulb for it and it works on/off and with the drivers door. However, it does not work with the passenger door. The door switch was broken and I have replaced it as well, but it still does not work with the passenger door. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Where did you get replacement for the door switch? Not much help because my switch is broken on pass side but I could still manually work it.

I'm working on trying to get the dome light working in my 82 FJ40. Found a bulb for it and it works on/off and with the drivers door. However, it does not work with the passenger door. The door switch was broken and I have replaced it as well, but it still does not work with the passenger door. Any thoughts? Thanks.

We have a dome light? No way.. :eek:
what if you take the doors off and go topless? (seriously.. I'm not being a smart-ass...)

what if you take the doors off and go topless? (seriously.. I'm not being a smart-ass...)

there is a one-wire bullet connector at the top of the windshield that you disconnect when you take the hard top off and reconnect when you put it back on.

Where did you get replacement for the door switch? Not much help because my switch is broken on pass side but I could still manually work it.

Ordered it from Toyota

there is a one-wire bullet connector at the top of the windshield that you disconnect when you take the hard top off and reconnect when you put it back on.

On the 82 and up I belive it has to be two wires to work. One +12 volts to the bulb the other a wre going to the door switches. The door switches just ground the wire to the A pillar.

From what I understand the door switch is available new from Toyota (probably used in other models) but not the 82 and up dome light itself.

On the 82 and up I belive it has to be two wires to work. One +12 volts to the bulb the other a wre going to the door switches. The door switches just ground the wire to the A pillar.

From what I understand the door switch is available new from Toyota (probably used in other models) but not the 82 and up dome light itself.

I should have said "my 1980 has a one-wire bullet connector..."
Thanks for the clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom