Dome light wire routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure of the exact routing. I know if you have the door switches a positive wire and a ground wire go up thru a hole on the driver's side cowl into the windshield. Then out a small hole in windshield above where in went in at the bottom. Wire can't been seen on the bottom when the windshield is up right. On the top the two wires from the factory had a connector. From that connector the wires run above the door in the gutter of the fiberglass cap. Then down a hole into the B pillar. Connector behind the light. Not around the one I stripped from a wrecked troopy to know the wire colors. I know the wire in the light that goes directly to the lamp is the positive one. The ground wire goes to the switch. In the cowl the positive is hooked to one of the fuses that always has power. Not one that goes thru the ignition switch. The ground wire is run to the two door switches. Pretty sure these wires are not run separately but in a wiring loom.

Not sure of the exact routing. I know if you have the door switches a positive wire and a ground wire go up thru a hole on the driver's side cowl into the windshield. Then out a small hole in windshield above where in went in at the bottom. Wire can't been seen on the bottom when the windshield is up right. On the top the two wires from the factory had a connector. From that connector the wires run above the door in the gutter of the fiberglass cap. Then down a hole into the B pillar. Connector behind the light. Not around the one I stripped from a wrecked troopy to know the wire colors. I know the wire in the light that goes directly to the lamp is the positive one. The ground wire goes to the switch. In the cowl the positive is hooked to one of the fuses that always has power. Not one that goes thru the ignition switch. The ground wire is run to the two door switches. Pretty sure these wires are not run separately but in a wiring loom.
Thanks very much.

Here is what I have. There appears to be no ground, only + connector

20220818_122458.jpg

Thanks again. Guess I need a dome light with a ground.
The ground is through the body via the mounting screw. I think it has two "hots"; one constant 12v to the toggle switch on the light and one 12v source from the door switch. The two wire light is basically unobtanium but you might get lucky and find one. This thread might help you understand better what you are after:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom