Dome light switch (rear doors) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.pipsquack4wheelers.com
I've got a problem with both passanger and driver rear doors (dome light doesn't
come on) anyone else have problems with rear door switches

Specs: 1995 FZJ80 white,stock lockers, tan int.

:beer:

the answers can be found in one of the threads turned up by this:
untitled.jpg

the switches sometimes get gummed up. the threads that you'll pull up with that search should illustrate what some people have done to clean them. I've never had a problem with mine -- lucky I guess.

wait...dumb question...you don't have them switched to OFF do you? also...are you sure the bulb isn't burned out?

nope light is on and working
front doors work fine (passanger side went out first)
in past you could wiggle it just a little bit and it would work
i think it needs switches

IIRC people have cleaned the switches with some success. Info should be in one of those previous threads.

Cleaning is a band-aid at best. Better to replace them.

richj11 said:
I'll second Dan here. He hooked me up... They are relatively cheap and install in about 5 minutes each.

Rich

Same here....

Doug- I am liking the new "search" response :D

TX_TLC said:
...Doug- I am liking the new "search" response :D
I thought I'd throw a little hint in there along the way :D

It difficult to tell, but I don't think it's being warmly accepted ;)

NorCalDoug said:
I thought I'd throw a little hint in there along the way :D

It difficult to tell, but I don't think it's being warmly accepted ;)

Well I don't care what anyone else thinks, I like it. I think I'm going to put a jpeg on my hosting site and link it in with [ img ] tags.

-B-

You would........;)

Timely post.........just noticed my driver side rear door didn't activate the dome light last night. Figured it was the switch. I toggled the dome light switch but it didn't work in the "door" position. Other doors in conjunction w/light work fine. Will probably replace both rear switches. If one is gone, the other is not far behind. 5 min job ..... relatively cheap fix......HEY C-DAN!!............

Doug - I like it!

Agree with Dan's first response. Give Dan a call and just replace the switches. That's what I did. Quick and easy!

Is it really a 5 minute job? I was under the impression that you had to go through the quarter panel to get to the back of the switch to replace it. Can you replace them from the front?

Darwood said:
Is it really a 5 minute job? I was under the impression that you had to go through the quarter panel to get to the back of the switch to replace it. Can you replace them from the front?

5 min per side...yes it is that easy. You do go through the rear quarter panel, that is just clipped in place, no screws at all on my '94. Just gently pop, pop, pop, pop it off...and one bolt...and one wire connection. Easiest thing I have done to the Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom