Dome and cargo light switched together (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rob Faucett

GOLD Star
Threads
I wish I had a switch on the dash that actuated both the dome and cargo light without disabling normal ops. Anybody explored that?

Thanks
Rob

Ok, so, I found this thread from 2011 just now, because that sounds like a useful switch to have, and I took a good look at that circuit diagram...

stock-interior-lights-gif.536145

You could do the mod he came up with, then run another wire from the 'new wire' [in red] to a switch on your dash, and then to ground. This would effectively add one more door switch to the system, any of which works by completing the ground through both lights when you engage it. The dome/cargo light circuit already has a fuse, which someone already picked an appropriate amperage for, so it passes the most basic 'will this set my truck on fire?' test.

Did it years ago and use it all the time. Very easy to tap into one of the front door stitches and wire it to a ground point on the dash, with a switch in between. Like was said earlier, it's no more than another dot switch, and as such the lights need to be set to door in order for it to work.

Why is the cargo light switch and dome light switch a different part number? Could you schange witch out the dome light for another cargo light switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom