Dokie Ridge - Revisited (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, our dear NZ friends Chris and Karl left us. But, before they travelled away from NE BC we threw them an impromptu weiner roast atop Dokie Ridge. We also brought along a couple of our coworkers - Chad & Sean. Sean drove his bone stock 4Runner offroad for the first time and from what I could tell had a pretty decent time. I believe our one and only incident happened to Agent Orange - her front passenger side door fell off after a pin rattled loose from travelling up the rarely graded South Moberly Road. Chad was a trooper and braved the trip up to the summit as my copilot in Agent O. Hayley rode with Chris and Karl in their loaner BJ42 that has taken them to all sorts of places in North America. Ray rode with Sean and together they tackled the trees and the creek crossing with ease. Oh - and last but not least, Prado held on for dear life in the back of Orange and tried to scoop the front seat from Chad whenever possible. I had fun - it was great to return to the place we recently assessed and not feel pressured to work for a change. During the trek up we came across a cow, calf and bull moose. If only Ray had had his rifle - we could've bbq'd some swamp donkey! But alas, we shot them with our cameras instead (all but me as I was driving... :frown: ) Prado got stung by some sort of bug and her eye swelled up - she looked pretty funny. Sean ditched his 4Runner and he and Ray opted to jump in with Chris and I for the final climb to the top. The guys (and Hayley) built a fire in one of the alpine meadows and I went off to experiment with my camera. After dining on smokies and chocolate chip cookies we put out the fire, found it was quite chilly and hopped back into the 42s and headed down to pick up Sean's truck. It was already late and we were all getting tired as we headed back to Moberly Lake in the dark.

Thanks guys for making the impromptu Sunday run fun. Thanks Chris and Karl for ditching your other plans for us. WE MISS YOU! :crybaby: But, thanks for the memories and we'll see you soon again.... :bounce2:
IMG_4954.jpg
IMG_5022.JPG

Last edited:
more

pics....
IMG_5111.jpg
IMG_5127.JPG

Sorry guys..

Next time I promise to take more pictures than just of my truck. :doh:

He's now in Scotland. He promised to return for RS07 if there will be one. I preferred "sucks sh%# out of a dead cow's arse."

Sean's photos:

This was Sean's first time out with the PCTSD and the very first time he took his 4Runner "off road" I think he had fun.
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg

Along the way we ran into some Swamp Donkeys... a bull, a calf and a cow. Ray started calling and the Cow started peeing. Interesting to see...
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 006.jpg

Sean, the poser! ;p
Picture 008.jpg
Picture 010.jpg
Picture 012.jpg

Beautiful area. What a great way to say goodbye to our new NZ friends.
Picture 012.jpg
Picture 013.jpg
Picture 015.jpg

we miss you all so much , still truck less but trying to get my mitts on a trooper, grrrrr

just bought a 92 troopie so the plan now is rigg it and bring it for rso9 might even stay in canada

Well, hurry up and bring it over. Do you think that you'll be able to make it here for Sept. Long as we're heading back up to Dokie then.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom