Doing SOA over Christmas Break! The never ending saga!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been measuring and thinking and measuring and thinking too many ideas in my head. But I want to show it off tonight to the guys so I will get it done.

Hey Randy,

I'm going to be SOAing my 60 as well and was wondering what shocks you plan on running?

Hey Randy,

I'm going to be SOAing my 60 as well and was wondering what shocks you plan on running?

That's a good question. I have no idea yet. I'm still working on getting the rear AAL's in. I sent out my front axle for a CnT on friday.

I still need to get it all together and measure for shocks. After figuring the length I can go from there. Sorry, I'm of no help currently. Cruiserdrew and Chicago are friendly and could give you better answers right now. pm me if you want their cell numbers or pm them.

Back from vacation and I have the front CnT housing back from CO. Anyone interested in a work day this weekend? I need to weld the marlin crawler axle gussets on and rebuild the front axle. I would also like to install the rear AAL springs and weld the rear axle perches. I’ll get the steering arm puller from Dave West. That should allow me to finish hooking up the steering properly. This would also allow me to size the front driveshaft.

Back from vacation and I have the front CnT housing back from CO. Anyone interested in a work day this weekend? I need to weld the marlin crawler axle gussets on and rebuild the front axle. I would also like to install the rear AAL springs and weld the rear axle perches. I’ll get the steering arm puller from Dave West. That should allow me to finish hooking up the steering properly. This would also allow me to size the front driveshaft.

I would like to help so that I can get educated with axle rebuilds. Unfortunately, I am fully booked this weekend. If not this weekend, let me know if you are going to do this next weekend instead, as I may have more time.

Oh, and I am now in the wagon club. :steer:

I remember you grabbing that wagon. If I don't do the axle rebuild this weekend I'll let you know. So far it's just me alone as no one else has replied.

Hey Randy, I have a shoot most likely this weekend. If it doesn't pan out I will let you know and then count me in. BTW, I need some assistance with my tailgate mod ala WAGONGEAR and WE still need to get the crossbars and floor going for our racks.

Hey Randy,
I'll be around this weekend let me know when your gonna work on that beast.

PS I do have a HD pitman arm puller I can bring

Peter

Hey Randy,
I'll be around this weekend let me know when your gonna work on that beast.

PS I do have a HD pitman arm puller I can bring

Peter

Sounds great! Let's plan on saturday at 9am. I'll call you after work today or tomorrow. You can pick up the diffs. Bring the alternator as well. I don't want Joey to have it. :D

Starting at 12 noon tomorrow. Planning on swapping the old front axle out and installing the new housing then rebuilding it. If anyone is planning on coming try and let me know so i can bring enough refreshments for everyone.

-Randy

Slow and steady is fine for me. As long as I end up with an ultimate rock crawler / expedition freak of a truck. :D

My company has decided to do two one week shut downs over the next two months to save money in the tough economic climate. This time off will allow me to spend a lot of time on the truck.

The week of August 17th I will be working on my truck. If anyone is interested in helping let me know so I can plan proper times and refreshments.

-Randy

Sorry I will be well on my way to Glacier and Yellowstone by then.

My company has decided to do two one week shut downs over the next two months to save money in the tough economic climate. This time off will allow me to spend a lot of time on the truck.

The week of August 17th I will be working on my truck. If anyone is interested in helping let me know so I can plan proper times and refreshments.

-Randy

Going to be working on the truck monday or tuesday since I'm off work before I head up to the Dusy Ershim trail Tuesday with Phil. Let me know if anyone is interested in helping out. I'm free sunday morning or saturday afternoon if anyone else needs help on their projects.

You should post some pics of the progress thus far.

Are you going to be done by the end of the summer? It's coming up fast.

I don't put all my time in to it so it's going slow.

Hey Randy.. I hardly check this section.. let me know if you need any help..except weekends.. I can do weekdays..

Where the pics brah ???

I've haven't been on top of the build. I went and rode along on the Dusy Ershim Trail for the last 5 days instead and now I'm off to the East Coast for a business trip. If I end up needing help on a weekday I'll give you a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom