Doing SOA over Christmas Break! The never ending saga!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gentleman,
I will be doing the SOA conversion over christmas break! Just got a pre CnT axle and hy-Steer from a guy selling in lake Arrowhead. It was all done by All-Pro Offroad. Anyone who is free or in town is welcome to help just let me know what I need to have to entice people to come over. (i.e Tri-Tip, etc.)
-Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
IF, and thats a big IF, I do NOT go to Mammoth that week, I am totally in. I need to know how this is done for when I do my own!!!!

Christmas just came early! I have located the deal of the century. Front and rear FJ62 axles with bobby long birfields, arb lockers already installed front and rear. Front and REAR disk brakes (rear GM disk conversion.) Spring perches already welded on top of axle. Includes ARB compressor, wiring harness, and switches. All Pro Hysteer included as well. All for $1,700.

Cons: Front axle is not CnT. 3rds are stock 4.11 gears.

Am I missing anything that could potentially be an issue in the future? All 4 disk brakes are SSBC, whatever brand that is. I still need to do some research. All of this is in a running vehicle so I can test it out before it gets parted out.

What should I be checking when I test drive it and inspect it?

hint: It's in Van Nuys.

Last edited:
What should I be checking when I test drive it and inspect it?

hint: It's in Van Nuys.

Most important thing: how does it HANDLE at freeway speed.
Second most important: do the tires show even tire wear.
Third: does the parking brake still work, AND work adequately.

Hth

Mark A.

4th: wanna sell the 4:11's?:D
Butt

I am buying these new axles with 4.11's and I have my old axles with 4.11's. That means I will have a spare set sitting around after christmas. I am willing to sell them. Isn't shipping going to be expensive up to Nor Cal?

just swap all the parts over to the cut and turned housing.

I am looking to buy a disk brake axle if you want to sell you old one. I only want it from the knuckles out, so i can put disk brakes on the 40.

I am looking to buy a disk brake axle if you want to sell you old one. I only want it from the knuckles out, so i can put disk brakes on the 40.

They're yours after I have them off the truck. Remind me after christmas and we'll arrange diassembly and pick up.

Trailcrew and locals have first dibbs on my spare axles before I post in classifieds.

I plan on keeping the old birfield inners for trail spares. This assumes that they are the same spline count as the bobby longs on the truck I'm going to see. They should be.

I have family in Bakersfield that I occasionally visit so personal Mud-shipping isn't out of the question:hmm:

I visit Bakersfield to go offroading so I think we may have the logistics part under control.

set a date and maybe we can set up a work party, maybe at the springs? lol set a date and i will see if a can stop by

set a date and maybe we can set up a work party, maybe at the springs? lol set a date and i will see if a can stop by

I will check my calender and set dates so people can stop by and help. I'd love any assitance any one can offer.

While up in Mammoth this weekend we decided to hike up to Valentine Lake. Great hike with lots of fun terrain. Easy 10 mile hike, didn’t wear us out. Here are a few pictures:

Nice tree on the way up:
DSCN2114.jpg

Half way up the trail
DSCN2141.jpg

Valentine Lake
DSCN2148.jpg

Silhouette on the way down the trail:
DSCN2160.jpg

Cool Offroad Van I saw in town:
DSCN2168.jpg

DSCN2169.jpg

Took a look at Randy's project axles yesterday. Gots lots of goodies on 'em he didn't mention.

Anybody got some good links to trac bar tech?

Picking up the axles on saturday. Then the fun of gathering and ordering all the parts to finish it begins.

I would like to borrow a transmission jack if anyone has one sometime within the next month. I have to drop the trany to replace a rear main seal and put in my new (100,000 less miles) trany.

I have one, come and get it or i can bring it to the next club meeting

I have one, come and get it or i can bring it to the next club meeting

I'd love to pick it up at the next TC meeting. That'd be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom