doing a search online a site directed me to ebay. Guy has zero clue on what a 60 cost used (2 Viewers)

You might be surprised. Clean Low mile FJ62's have been doing very well in the collector car auction world.

There have been 7 fj62's that sold in the $70k to $80k range recently on BAT

1618404004295.png

Yeah tell me about it hey you want to see some thing that's real shocking in the real estate world? Go on Google and type in " Vancouver teardown" no. I used to live in the region and 20 years ago all the real estate prices exploded. Real estate agents were making the absolute killer amount of money. Anyway do that search I think it's the second link and you see a very small I think it's 1800 square foot house in west Vancouver for 2.5 million dollars. That's 1.9 million USD.

In hawaii $1 million gets you a small house that’s ready to be torn down and replaced. Pretty similar in many parts of California.

I think some of the comments are a bit tongue-in-cheek, but the classic/collector car market has been skyrocketing for at least 10-15 years. At some point it's not a bubble anymore. I say this as someone who passed on lots of opportunities to buy an air cooled 911 in the late 00s because of the "crazy prices" in that market :bang:. I'm not saying we should all cash in our IRAs and load up on 60/62s, but the economy is strong (yea I know that's debatable) and Gen-Xers have disposable income. We probably won't be driving $100k beater Cruisers in 10 years, but I also don't see any reason to call it a bubble. I just hope the price of parts doesn't do the same even though I know it will.

In the membrane between heavy metal and gas
Everything is going up.. everything.

This is inflation. The fed knows it can’t raise rates so the madness will likely continue for a while. The question becomes ... whether or not we will see another deflationary period in our lifetimes. Many smart people on both sides of the story. Some say hyperinflation followed by stagflation, others say massive deflation, other say new monetary system yada yada yada.

Im no economist, but my gut feeling is that a $115k FJ60 is waaaaa...aaaay overpriced

You might be surprised. Clean Low mile FJ62's have been doing very well in the collector car auction world.

There have been 7 fj62's that sold in the $70k to $80k range recently on BAT

View attachment 2645028

These results are slightly misleading. 1 is a frame off resto, 1 seems to be mostly original, 1 was listed twice and all the others are vortec swapped. For a long time original 60/62's were where all the money is, almost regardless of the mileage. Now it seems the highest price models have less than 50K(ish) miles or are LS swapped.

There were a couple of 28k clean, stock, freeborn red trucks that sold in the $50k realm if I remember correctly. And yes the completely stock, low mileage, original paint trucks have been doing the best. I'd bet those trucks also return the biggest ratio of profit to expense for the owners. Some of these Vortec swapped builds probably cost a pretty heavy sum to build.

I'm not so concerned about skyrocketing cruiser prices these days. I'm more impacted by the 150% increase in lumber and thankful that i've completed the majority of my house reno before the prices went sky high
Amen to that. Its absolutely crazy

Spike Strip

Go Fun Me
SILVER Star

Same truck as the BJ auction (same VIN). That guy is a flipper and thinks he can make a few bucks on the Los Angeles too much money crowd. Probably will. Same folks who buy ICONS. It's this constant churning of classic cars which is driving the prices up... Definintion of a Bubble: implausible outlook of future prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom