Doing a full repaint. Vote: Stock or Jeep Anvil? (2 Viewers)

Silver or Anvil?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had a look at an Anvil colored Jeep today. My opinion is to avoid Anvil and stay with the stock color.

Godwin-

It's a hard choice but I'm curious - what didn't you like about the Anvil color?

Shane

image.jpg
Silver!!

Godwin-

It's a hard choice but I'm curious - what didn't you like about the Anvil color?

Shane

I only had a very quick look as the Jeep passed so did not have time to look closely. My initial thought was that it has too much blue in it. My gut reaction - not suitable for a 60.

I only had a very quick look as the Jeep passed so did not have time to look closely. My initial thought was that it has too much blue in it. My gut reaction - not suitable for a 60.

I agree 100% with Godwin's thought here. I saw an anvil jeep last week and pictured it as a 60...seemed unnatural to me for a 60. It is a cool color, but......

I really like silver 60's

It's a hard call to make. I really like the anvil and think it would look great on the 60 with black accents. I also think silver is the best looking color out of the OEM colors. I thought about something like @BG85FJ60 color...a little darker, a little more metallic. As it stands, Anvil is where I'm heading. We'll have two examples soon (@BG85FJ60 and @Jason Roberson) of two of the colors I'm confused about, lol.

Thanks for the input/feedback - all are much appreciated.

Shane

Hi all I'm new here. My rusty 60 was originally silver but the PO painted it silver and dark grey and flat black with a roller after he bondo'd everything. It's a sight. Anyway I was considering the dark grey they used on old Ferguson farm tractors. Kind of a cool color and would be easy to touch up.

@sschruff Did you ever land on a color? I'm thinking about Anvil for my '88 - I was inspired by this Icon build from last year:

View attachment 2564877

I also found a guy in Japan who used Anvil for his 60:
Login • Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/oginoyuuzi/
View attachment 2564880

Both of these look awesome - hoping to do this in the Spring.

I'll contradict what I said earlier in this thread now that I've actually seen it on a 60....the anvil color looks great on the wagon, better than expected...that TLC rig is BADASS as most of them are, but I can NOT get on board with those wheels he's so proud of, nosireee!

Really really like the TLC take on the stock bumper tire carrier, that would pair well with the stock extended hj61 rear bumpers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom