Dogs of MUD! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My daughter is fostering this puppy that had been hit by a car which resulted in a broken back leg. The cast was removed today. 😁
18E37708-7227-4CC7-8184-9B14706492B0.jpeg

While sitting on patio watching the sunrise drinking coffee the dogs were enjoying the yard as they always do. We heard our yellow lab yelp and she ran back to us with small amount of blood on her nose. Fearing a snake bite the wife went over to the area Maggie had been snooping around and sure enough saw the Pygmy rattler.
We loaded up made some calls and an hour later I had her in Tulsa at the vet ER.

Thankfully Maggie only had mild swelling and after observation it appears that she most likely got a dry bite. Now she is lounging around with the sedation of some pain medication.

While Maggie was at the ER we took her sister Sadie to Petsmart for a called. She is our rescue lab who had obviously been through some significant trauma in her life prior to us getting her now almost 2 years ago. She has been showered with some serious love since we adopted her.

Watching her walk around the store for her first was hilarious and was tough not to smile the entire time. She was literally like a kid in a candy store. She didn’t have a clue what to do when we stopped at the parakeets she didn’t want to leave the glass case. I only wish I had video taped her and her reactions.

I haven’t accomplished anything today and now just chilling inside with the two of em and simply don’t care.

10A66478-B1FB-44FE-B293-0A405B29B203.jpeg

11EA43F6-9D65-41EB-A0D4-106BB9CC675B.jpeg

DD018797-8B79-4804-A1AA-971F7DFBC659.jpeg

6C9DE732-61A2-46EF-8B30-9A75963B1A43.jpeg

A28BE66C-FA77-4656-8939-3FD76C661DD3.jpeg

C5DF67D3-DCA1-47CB-AAF1-176FAD3E4A0B.jpeg

We adopted Sadie 2 years ago through rescue club in Colorado as we’re living in Steamboat Springs and I picked her up in Pueblo after she was sent to Colorado in hopes she would be adopted.

I called previous family who had fostered her since she was curled up in ball in back seat and would not do anything at all. Turns out she was initially saved from kill shelter in my home town Noble, OK. What’s cool is the family that was fostering her the last couple months had her about 3 miles from our farm in Oklahoma where we now live.

She has grown into the most loving, loyal dog we could have asked for. Physical signs such as areas where she lost hair from lying on concrete have gone away, gaining weight and her coat shines like crazy reinforce how she has improved.
Still exhibits some signs of trauma but most of it has gone away. Truly makes ya appreciate the act of adopting a dog from someone who has rescued them as she is our first but doubt she will be our last.

D9665832-3120-42C3-A747-6C84FA725AE6.jpeg

B5EFE144-58BF-46C7-A2AC-5F6D9159A7CC.jpeg

77373716-818B-45B0-8C8E-60A689390188.jpeg

Lela was attacked Thursday morning by a smaller pitbull. She was on lead and the pit was running free. I wisely allowed her the freedom of movement to protect herself and she ended up kicking it's butt.

The owner came up later and apologized and asked if my dog was ok, which she was. Lela is normally pretty leash reactive, which made me think I knew how she behaves when she gets riled up, but what happened was a factor more intense than that.

I'm glad she's ok, and just a tiny bit proud of how she handled herself. Two Belgian malinois across the street calmly watched the fight while hanging by their paws from the 6 foot privacy fence so they could see. I am so glad they were good dogs and didn't jump the fence to get into the fight as well.

IMG_20220624_211712075.jpg

Lela was attacked Thursday morning by a smaller pitbull. She was on lead and the pit was running free. I wisely allowed her the freedom of movement to protect herself and she ended up kicking it's butt.

The owner came up later and apologized and asked if my dog was ok, which she was. Lela is normally pretty leash reactive, which made me think I knew how she behaves when she gets riled up, but what happened was a factor more intense than that.

I'm glad she's ok, and just a tiny bit proud of how she handled herself. Two Belgian malinois across the street calmly watched the fight while hanging by their paws from the 6 foot privacy fence so they could see. I am so glad they were good dogs and didn't jump the fence to get into the fight as well.

View attachment 3105757
Glad she's ok and that she defended herself well!

My fluffy girl enjoying herself in the front seat after her spa day. She gets motion sickness in the back seat, my wife gets religated to the back seat unfortunately when we take the dog with us.

36FD0C89-AD18-4A1C-8265-9783803FE660.jpeg

1AC6D598-23AB-4F45-BFF3-B8C1F1EEAFB2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom