Dogs of MUD! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dexter's first trip to the desert wore him out!

IMG_1276.jpg
0C7D9AA9-CF0B-432E-85D6-5665BBD08660.jpg

Eventually we get enough snow pack that the dogs can easily jump the fence. So each winter I snow blow a luge run around the fence line. Also allows them a place to stretch their legs.

luge.jpg

This is my MUD Dog, Ana! She’s a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who has been our adventure buddy for 4 1/2 hrs now.

Here she is hanging out the side of our 1963 FJ40, Mary Jane. We took the top and doors off and let the wind flow through our hair… Ana found a great spot to ride.
B1B12562-F596-4C40-9F66-A2862B101C2D.jpeg

Her she is hanging out of our 1983 FJ40, Tracks, overlooking Cochiti Lake on the Dome Road in New Mexico.
AA786E3C-01C6-4EDC-864F-40B34B633E9D.jpeg

Here she is during Solid Axle Summit 5 in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado. Here we had traveled with our buddy Jimmy in his FJ60.
6F60864D-DFCB-4FE1-81CF-CEBAFF1269B4.jpeg

Ana’s being my silly co-pilot in my 99’ UZJ100
04F9CFBC-1CD8-4837-A650-95B870BE348E.jpeg

We adventured to Comb Ridge Utah in our 83’FJ40 with my brother and buddy on their bikes. Ana was there for the exciting cliffs that she does not really care for.
DA8B5A7A-C393-4B64-8E8D-3519CBA08838.jpeg

That’s my Mud dog, I happy I found this thread, I’ll share more of her on our adventures! 🐶

The cute is nearly lethal, there.

What are you doing to gun train her?
Haven’t decided which way I will go with her. May start with small blanks or right to the shotgun. With my previous dog, which was a lab, I had her with me and shot some clays and it never bothered her from the start. We shall see. Haven’t had a puppy in 14 years so should be fun! Lots of swimming and retrieving!

We got a second Weim in late June. It’s no fun bringing a puppy home on a ferry where you can’t run AC in 109* heat! She is settling in well, and has shown amazing promise as an upland dog.

Her big brother is one heck of a hunter. He showed up a friend’s professionally trained GWP and Pudel on a grouse hunt. My boy is going on 100% natural ability and instinct. I was not a bird hunter when we got him, but he has converted me!

@FROADER : My male Weimaraner is named Dexter too...

@FROADER : My male Weimaraner is named Dexter too...
I've never had one, but a friend of mine has only ever had Weimaraners. Amazing dogs.

Here is Dexter from our last trip out. It was a little chilly and they aren't the best with cold, so I made a Boston burrito and put it by the fire. I may try and find him a jacket for when we go camping. He shivers at around ~60°. Spoiled little SoCal dog... 😃

Dexter_burrito.jpg

Dexter_desert.jpg

Her big brother is one heck of a hunter. He showed up a friend’s professionally trained GWP and Pudel on a grouse hunt. My boy is going on 100% natural ability and instinct. I was not a bird hunter when we got him, but he has converted me!

Dogs can have that effect. I wasn't a duck hunter until after I got my first Lab. That was a lonnnggg time ago.

Nice looking dog!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom