Dogs of MUD! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A pair of Germans this weekend. Family member brought their sweet Shepherd pup. Gamble & Lucy.

germans.jpg

Onur was out of town, so instead of taking two dogs camping, I left Andy at the boarder.

Lucy ended up being a terrific duckie dog when @kasassy and I took her on the White River in VT. She jumps in and out at the right time, is very obedient, but loves to swim so much and goes diving when her tennis ball goes under. Such a great dog and I hope she doesn't get any bigger.

PXL_20210814_202215144.jpg

PXL_20210814_202300389.jpg

PXL_20210814_202226102.jpg

North of SLO a few months ago...

View attachment 2220438
Well...cancer reared its ugly head and we had to put him down this past June. Did at-home euthanasia, afterwards me and the wife drove his body to the pet crematory. Tons of tears that day and I seriously don't think I'll ever be the same after that day. This guy was my best friend for the 9 yrs we had him. Will likely get another one, or two, GSD/GSDx again soon. Being empty-nesters is bad enough, but being dogless makes it that much worse. A couple photos of us camping and romping in Eastern Sierra...RIP and see you on the other side buddy!

IMG_20191007_081315373_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201111_133120084.jpg

IMG_20171011_113325743.jpg

First trip to the beach for these two. Lucy ventured into the surf following Katie and got caught in a big wave, but they mostly wanted to --big surprise 😁-- play fetch.

PXL_20210822_231413394.MP~2.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful dogs! I have to ask...do people not surf there? The waves look fun and I don't see anyone on boards.

People definitely surf it but it isn't crowded here. No hotels. ☺️

This was also a 4x4 beach so very quiet.

I dropped him off this morning at the neurologist's office for an MRI of his entire spine to diagnose the worsening problem. IF there is a solution it's likely to be surgery, and the prospect of that scares me. On the other hand, it's all he can do to hobble around.
That was 7 weeks ago. No surgical option. Since then it's been swimming him for around 30 minutes a day (including time spent just laying on the first pool step) and hanging around with us. Walking is brutal to watch, awkward and weak looking, sometimes stumbling, falling down. Just getting him outside to "go" is so much effort, and "going" #2 often happens inside before he's even aware of it. Mentally he is still trying, wants to swim, eats, chews his bones, lays outside and watches the world go by. All the while the neurologist insists that he's not in pain. If not for the swimming I think we'd have put him down a while ago. Wracking our minds trying to decide if it's time. We had to put dogs and cats down before, but it was always clearly time. This one is the toughest decision I've ever had to make... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom