Dogs of MUD! (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gamble boy, Can't wear him out. He's suggesting I throw his Frisbee another 15-20 times.

fris1.jpg

Gamble hides behind a stump observing a duck upstream on the far shore.

shore.jpg

I lost my boy on Friday. I was nursing him back to health, doing everything I could, even praying he’d get through it with the vet giving him fluids in the day time and me taking care of him at home. He had had a couple cases of pancreatitis over the years and that may have been what this was or a few other things like cancer etc but probably just a combination of everything. I was taking him to the vet a lot the last 3 weeks trying to get him to get better. Waking up every two hours to care for him. It was a roller coaster of sadness and hope as he went back and forth getting better and declining quickly in each direction.

He passed at home which is what I wanted for him. I wish I had been there but my wife was, and by his side. Probably best I wasn’t since I would have tried everything in the world to save him.
He was 15 and half. I got him around 12/30/2005. He was my dog. He was by my side for the whole 15 years. He had a great life. He went to work with me often, traveled and I even knew to slow down and let him lead the walks often and take in the smells.
I wish I could have one more day with him in good health.
I knew it would be tough but man is this hard. I can barely be in the house or even look under my desk at work where he would sit when I brought him. I am in a daze right now trying to refocus but it will take some time. Being busy at work helps

I heard this quote somewhere in the past and it is helping me. I picture him with other people who have passed in my life being together. He’s probably at my grandmothers giving her companionship up there.

I keep thinking about how dogs must go to heaven because it wouldn’t really be heavy without dogs.

Spanky 12/2005-5/2021

DD4C1059-F5E0-4135-98A2-8A362EE65BFE.jpeg

1EC74738-2DE0-4623-B964-9556E33037F9.jpeg

3E804DA3-7F05-4C25-94EE-5317D6FFD2AB.jpeg

70C57A09-60CA-47D1-B13B-AF6D85B7D0E4.jpeg

C2E1AA06-8F48-4163-8C9C-AE042BA94D4E.jpeg

I lost my boy on Friday. I was nursing him back to health, doing everything I could, even praying he’d get through it with the vet giving him fluids in the day time and me taking care of him at home. He had had a couple cases of pancreatitis over the years and that may have been what this was or a few other things like cancer etc but probably just a combination of everything. I was taking him to the vet a lot the last 3 weeks trying to get him to get better. Waking up every two hours to care for him. It was a roller coaster of sadness and hope as he went back and forth getting better and declining quickly in each direction.

He passed at home which is what I wanted for him. I wish I had been there but my wife was, and by his side. Probably best I wasn’t since I would have tried everything in the world to save him.
He was 15 and half. I got him around 12/30/2005. He was my dog. He was by my side for the whole 15 years. He had a great life. He went to work with me often, traveled and I even knew to slow down and let him lead the walks often and take in the smells.
I wish I could have one more day with him in good health.
I knew it would be tough but man is this hard. I can barely be in the house or even look under my desk at work where he would sit when I brought him. I am in a daze right now trying to refocus but it will take some time. Being busy at work helps

I heard this quote somewhere in the past and it is helping me. I picture him with other people who have passed in my life being together. He’s probably at my grandmothers giving her companionship up there.

I keep thinking about how dogs must go to heaven because it wouldn’t really be heavy without dogs.

Spanky 12/2005-5/2021

View attachment 2676209

View attachment 2676247

View attachment 2676248

View attachment 2676249

View attachment 2676250
Really sorry for you and your family. It sounds like you gave him a great life.

Really sorry for you and your family. It sounds like you gave him a great life.
Thanks for the nice words. I’ve been better each day. He was more my dog than my wife’s. I used to joke when she would tell me something bad he did. I’d say “he says he didn’t pee on the floor, and I’ve known him longer than you so I’m going to believe him.” I think it used to get on her nerves how much I love that dog.

My daughter alittle over 1 was looking for him yesterday. We have another dog but I think he was everyone’s favorite.
04B2CC64-384D-4299-B0B2-1EDF16182755.jpeg

I’ve caught myself talking to him and looking for him many times. It’s hard when someone who’s been in your life for 15.5 years everyday is suddenly gone. The last few years I’ve even been happy to take him out in the middle of the night and carry him up and down the stairs just because I knew one day I wouldn’t have him.
This is him watching me mow grass a few years back. He wasn’t a great dog behavior wise but he was my boy and the perfect one for me.

I’m keeping myself busy to occupy my mind. I’m sure the Toyota’s will get some more attention once work calms down also.
2DC92D8D-44E5-409A-838F-81EEEA01CB18.png

May 1st, our 2 Labs (left and center) reunited with their "girlfriend" who moved away a couple years ago but came for a visit. My oldest, center of the group, is struggling with mobility issues of osteoarthritis and a bulging disc in his lumbar.

full

A very kind and caring and generous soul has lent us the use of her pool for him to swim in. It is the best therapy and makes him so happy.

full

I’ve caught myself talking to him and looking for him many times. It’s hard when someone who’s been in your life for 15.5 years everyday is suddenly gone. The last few years I’ve even been happy to take him out in the middle of the night and carry him up and down the stairs just because I knew one day I wouldn’t have him.
This is him watching me mow grass a few years back. He wasn’t a great dog behavior wise but he was my boy and the perfect one for me.

I hope (and expect) things will get better with time. My dog Jacob passed September 2020, and I still talk to him every single day. (I also "see" him - snoozing on the couch, sniffing the yard, galloping toward me, wagging his tail for a treat...)

I hope (and expect) things will get better with time. My dog Jacob passed September 2020, and I still talk to him every single day. (I also "see" him - snoozing on the couch, sniffing the yard, galloping toward me, wagging his tail for a treat...)
Thanks. I’m sorry for you losing your little guy also.
Time is helping, maybe my brain is accepting it better but I get times where I zone out staring with memories of him and my brain looks for him in the sunny spot he liked or out the window or next to my spot on the couch.
I would take him to work often and even things like looking under my desk or going out back brings back good memories.
I do feel guilty that I’ve lost close people family members and not been hit near this hard. Even my childhood pets didn’t effect me this bad or longer than a day.
I still wake up about the same time each night he would go out to use the bathroom the last few years.

I’ll be ok in time like you said. Part of me knows that the amount of grieving I’m having is because of how much he meant to me.

I think my other dog isn’t to upset he’s gone. She looked alitte for him and she was the one that let my wife know something was happening when he passed but he was the bossy alpha for her 9 years in our house with him so she is now getting to be her own dog. I’m trying to bond with her more, I never had the only me and her time I did with him for 6 years before her.

Funny how they have personalities.
Best wishes to you

Wife, me, 40 and friends big dog ! Our dog Gamble hid.

mefrandog.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom