Dogs of MUD! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good times at the beach.
20210224_161834.jpg
20210224_161843.jpg
20210227_141502.jpg

Putting down a family pet SUCKS. We had to put down one of our three dogs today (13+ years old). It never gets easier. It’s interesting how the other two dogs seem to know she’s missing.

Putting down a family pet SUCKS. We had to put down one of our three dogs today (13+ years old). It never gets easier. It’s interesting how the other two dogs seem to know she’s missing.
So sad for you and yours. No, it never gets easier.

Sorry you have to go through that. Unfortunately all dog lovers need to, wish we didn't. Most recent was our 15 year old Yellow Lab. Not looking forward to dealing with that with our two Aussies, one turned 9 today and the other turns 1 year later this month. I'll enjoy the time I have left with them, they add a lot.

Love this song and agree with the lyrics.

Two of our GSP's are buried under a Birch tree on the shore of Lake Michigan inside a National Park. Whenever we're in the area I visit them and always leave laughing to myself over some memory of their mischief.

Golden old man begrudgingly making room for a young Rhodesian

View attachment 2651798
It is fascinating to see the Rhodesian looking at the water like that. We have had two Rhodesians and they both steered clear of getting wet, and certainly never looked at a body of water with interest. (The one we have now will refuse to get off the porch when it is raining, and just stands there staring at you with a look of "my bladder is big, I can hold it.")

She's had the benefit of seeing the golden play in the water during a few warm, winter days. She's happily waded in up to her belly. We'll see how she does this summer when it's hot and he's swimming all the time. I'm very curious.
We have a flotation vest for her so she can enjoy it and not have to work so hard. I had no idea she would need one but her lack of body fat and no paw webbing makes it necessary.

She's had the benefit of seeing the golden play in the water during a few warm, winter days. She's happily waded in up to her belly. We'll see how she does this summer when it's hot and he's swimming all the time. I'm very curious.
We have a flotation vest for her so she can enjoy it and not have to work so hard. I had no idea she would need one but her lack of body fat and no paw webbing makes it necessary.
I had an Italian Greyhound who loved to swim. He sucked at it of course, but that dog was unstoppable. He would dive off the front of the raft, try to hump Great Blue Herons, (they looked similar). He defied all logic. I miss him, but also glad he's gone. Too smart, too fast, too little, always in trouble.

More and more people are bringing their dogs when they shop downtown so storeowners are starting to put water bowls along the sidewalks. 😊
6F7AD387-14E8-4908-8BA6-F1BABEA0F15D.jpeg

This is my GSD Jaycee. According to her DNA test results, she is mostly German Shepard with about 6% Belgian Malinois (sibling breed to GS) and 0.9% Wolf (more than most modern dogs). Since she is not "purebred"...she is considered a mixed breed...but this also means her inbreeding level is lower at 19% and because of this, her DNA results shows that she does not carry any bad genes for her primary or secondary breed. Super pleased by that...she's got amazing genes!

I got her through a German Shepard rescue in Maryland. She is from Tennessee and her siblings and mother were forcefully removed from a breeder due to neglect via court.

She is a sweet, kind, lovable pain in my ass. She does keep me sane though. She is trained and we are about to move on to more advanced off leash stuff. She sits in the backseat of my LC like a lady and minds her manners quite well. I adore her.

jayceePB.jpg
Jayceebbmal.jpg

This is the day we got her:

jayceepuppy.jpg

This is her at 5 months:

jaycee6months.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom