Dog Proofing the GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have a 14yo Viszla and a 130# Great Pyrenese , Fin ( my profile pic) . As long as we are moving on the highway, they are usually calm and laying down. As soon as the brakes are used, up they come to help navigate. I have a set of KISS drawers in the back. Soon to take out the wider 2nd row seat and put in a gear storage area that is level with the KISS drawers. I've found mats that button down. They will cover up the L-track but will protect the dog's feet. I have a M1101 for needed cargo on long trips as well as a roof rack. I may sacrifice the smaller 2nd row seat eventually if I decide I want a fridge ( or just put it in the trailer with power). My biggest issue is Fin barking while camping...hair I have simply accepted as a Pyr owner.

We have a strapped in mat for ours as well while traveling. I really want to deck out the entire back end with the Goose Gear Sleep Platform (when hell freezes over and it comes out lol), but the misses doesn't want to lose all of the seats. It would make for a nice flat surface for the dogs though.

I'm sure saving a few inches to jump up into will be appreciated if you're not doing drawers. This guy (lives with parents) doesn't like to do much jumping.

View attachment 2506948
Tom - Good lookin Berner...

Here is my travel companion Ty (100lbs / male) for size reference with third row delete. He usually travels in the second row - but he is licking his lips for the next adventure...

1606523902311.png

After enough time working on other stuff/slacking, I finally got around to locking the intermediate RTK crates down. Seatbelt webbing ratchet straps with safety s-hooks, some strap guides, and some smooth button-head allen bolts. The spacing on the factory hooks in the floor was perfect.
PXL_20201206_233051392.jpg

PXL_20201206_233101962.jpg

PXL_20201206_233112210.jpg

Do you need to put a block or something between the 2 kennels so they don't tip together when you ratchet them down?
Unless it's the camera/lens angle it looks like the sides of the kennels, from about the mid-point up, are slanted slightly inward.

Do you need to put a block or something between the 2 kennels so they don't tip together when you ratchet them down?
Unless it's the camera/lens angle it looks like the sides of the kennels, from about the mid-point up, are slanted slightly inward.

I think it's just a wonky camera angle. I didn't crank the ratchet straps down very hard, just snug and not enough to tip them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom